• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Need NEW .270 Peterson brass - have H1000 to trade

Muddyboots

Powder not for sale, TRADE ONLY.
FTF SW MI - need 50 NEW Peterson .270 Win brass. Will trade 1lb H1000 for this brass. I will drive reasonable distance 1/2 way to meet you. I may be in GR Friday for the outdoor show at the Deltaplex for those in GR area.

This is a FTF deal ONLY! I cannot ship, don't ask.

Not yet! This is harder to find than H1000!
As far as I can tell, only Grafs and Brownell's even carry it. I will let you know if I see it, but another idea, though not perfect or painless is to buy some Lapua 30'06 brass and neck it down to .270? You may just want the Peterson period, but it is an alternative perhaps. Lapua doesn't make .270 brass, but it was originally derived from the the 30'06 case I think which is available from Lapua now. Anyway something to look into or consider as you may find .270 in Peterson is a wait or unobtanium like 215 Bergers.
Maybe others have some thoughts on this?

As far as I can tell, only Grafs and Brownell's even carry it. I will let you know if I see it, but another idea, though not perfect or painless is to buy some Lapua 30'06 brass and neck it down to .270? You may just want the Peterson period, but it is an alternative perhaps. Lapua doesn't make .270 brass, but it was originally derived from the the 30'06 case I think which is available from Lapua now. Anyway something to look into or consider as you may find .270 in Peterson is a wait or unobtanium like 215 Bergers.
Maybe others have some thoughts on this?
30-06 brass is considerably shorter than 270 or 280.
Muddy, I have some new Norma if you are interested?

Muddy, sounds like you really just want more Peterson brass and will stay on the hunt for it. I will let you know if I see it. Maybe you'll find a trade too.

Just out of curiousity and wanting to learn more I did find this previous LRH thread on converting 30 06 to .270 pros and cons.

Sounds like it takes about 3 firings to stretch it to length....its only off a few .01 to start.

Interesting is that JE Custom commented they used to do this all the time...towards end of the comments.

Well thanks to thoughtfulness of LRH folks I have some brass coming and appreciate ALL the suggestions and offers. PIF is alive and well on LRH! Thank you!
Did you say you have some sig 270win brass? If so I maybe interested in it.