Need help

Jayrod

Hey guys I have a ? I own a Remington 300wsm model 700 cdl bought new I put a bushenel elite 3200 scope on it $100 rings and this thing is shooting a 8" group at 100 yards on a good day used all different kinds of ammonia and grains so took it to a gunsmith he free floated the barrel glass bedded the action and I had 168 grain Berger hand loads made I got it to a 3" group now my question is I feel it should shoot way better than that does anyone feel it needs to be rebareled or am I doing something wrong I'm going elk hunting and don't feel comfortable taking this rifle

Have him check the barrel. My last NIB rem had a barrel that wouldn't do better than 1 11/2 regularly. Gunsmith tells me the barrel varies in inside diameter. So we put a new barrel on and the groups dropped to 1/2 inch. Sometimes a factory barrel is great, other times not so good..... Bruce

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.