need help zeroing in

smartwick08

OK here's the story. I bought a sako 85 finnlight 300 wsm but there were no scope rings that were suppose to be included so instead of waiting 3 weeks for sako to send them I ordered a set of sako rings made by leupold and put a swarovski z5 3.5-18x44mm with the BT. When I went to sight in it was 12 inches low then 12 inches to the side. So after that I made proper adjustments and the it shot to the exact opposite corner and seemed like the adjusts I made didn't help much as I couldn't keep the shots within 8 inches when trying g to walk it in. Basically seemed like I had a lot of fliers. I was shooting 150 yr fusions at 100 yards. And I got a .223 to dead on at 200 and was shooting sub inch groups at a hundred yards. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
It didn't seem like the scope mounts lined up perfectly either. I did order a set of optilocks made by sako on it now an was wondering if there is anything else I should check before I take it back out

Sounds to me like something is loose. Check bases, rings, and action screws for proper torque. If all are correct you may want to mount another scope to rule out "something broken" in your Z5. Which would suck, because that is a fine scope.

Sneak a dummy round into your box of shells. I have a 300WSM that started shooting a lot better when I realized I was flinching like a little girl waiting for it to whollop me when the trigger broke.... Not saying you would do that, just saying...

Hope you solve it

Yea the flinching is probably right. Im not a rifle shooter by no means prefer a bow and shotguns. About 5 years ago tried sight in a 7mm mag I believe and I couldn't do it but someone else did it the next day and didn't have any trouble at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.