Need help applying in co

jpfrog

I'm trying to buy my NON Resident small game license so I can be able to apply for the 2019 Elk draw. I've had an online account for a while, as I did some fishing in CO in the past and am in the CO system. Anyway- I have my online profile complete, am attempting to buy the small game license, but there is this "Additional Questions" section.

The section asks me to list my education type- three options: "Firearm Certified", "Test 50", and "Bow Certified". Below that, I must enter my Education Number, Education Country, and Education State.

Is this my Hunter Ed info? If so, do I select "Test 50"? What is Firearm Certified? My initial thought was to choose Test 50, enter my Hunter Education certificate number, and be done with it, but I don't want to screw this up and then not be able to apply for the draw AND have an invalid small game license.

Thanks in advance, and apologies for being so dense!

I think the Test-50 is the test out option they have for people over 50 or with a military background. https://cpw.state.co.us/learn/Pages/HE-Test-Out.aspx Is your hunter safety card from your state for gun hunting or a special archery class?

Dave
I'm in Texas. I don't think it's type specific- general Hunter Education. The class I took, if I remember correctly, covered both. I may just have to call CPW on Monday.

I would give them a call or since there is plenty of time send them an email and keep the email somewhere safe (hard copy trust no one). I am in Ohio and I have two safety cards. One general one was a special archery class. I hunt Colorado every year and I used the general class card when I put it on record years ago. I always archery hunt but I think they just want some type of hunter safety card. Heck mine doesn't even have a card number so we just entered the date.

Dave

Talked with them today- they instructed me to select the "Firearm" option. Elk application submitted! Also put in for preference points for Mule Deer, Pronghorn, and Black Bear...why not. Won't be able to hunt those this year, but probably wouldn't get drawn anyway if I had put in for them instead of just taking the points.

Just an FYI. You are supposed to carry your Hunters Safety card with you in Colorado as proof that you have completed it and you can get a ticket if you don't have it. However, stop by any CPW office and get "verified" by showing them the hunters safety card and from then on it will be printed on your license and you don't have to carry it ever again.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.