Need Gunsmith Who Can Thread TC Encore Barrel .300 Win Mag for Muzzle Brake

Here is finished product
Nice job! from the person threading the fluted barrel!!
I only had a few barrels that were fluted and the owners wanted to see the flutes runout to a round barrel and not have the threads cut in to the flute. I tend to turn more money away or do the work/something for free because the customer doesn't need it done, shouldn't be done, won't change the accuracy of the firearm, BUT THEY WANT IT DONE or defiantly work do it if it is a safety hazard. Some hunters/shooters want changes done to their firearms because they saw or read something and then want it done on the firearm. If it makes sense I will do it, but if it doesn't and the person will just be giving me his/her money - I tend to turn it down. Can't see someone wasting money and then us collecting it. We are most likely only going to be chambering competition, ELR, high end hunting rifles, and some re-barreling as long as the person has good components & nothing crazy and then cerakoting. Our 2,500 sqft shop is in renovation right now with all new state of the art replacement machinery & Equipment.
Getting ready to put the "Rust-oleum" RockSlide" Epoxy Paint on the concrete. Just finished prepping 1/3 of the floor and hopefully paint by Monday. Then get the Lathe, Mill, & Saw moved in next weekend.
I'll update everyone on the shop when it is finished for the Gunsmithing side and Cerakoting side.

I have a 16" fluted 7-08 ai Encore and the threads are cut into the flutes, for a suppressor. It's a handy little gun that two buddies have asked me how to duplicate. In turn there is now a 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor at deer camp. Most gunsmiths should be able to do that long 300wm through the head stock without the hinge getting in the way…I have to take the short ones to a buddy that has a larger spindle that can accommodate the hinge.

I'd send you his info but I was over there two weeks ago and he was out two months and not taking anymore work until he got caught up.

Good luck, know it can be done.

I have a 16" fluted 7-08 ai Encore and the threads are cut into the flutes, for a suppressor. It's a handy little gun that two buddies have asked me how to duplicate. In turn there is now a 308 and 6.5 Creedmoor at deer camp. Most gunsmiths should be able to do that long 300wm through the head stock without the hinge getting in the way…I have to take the short ones to a buddy that has a larger spindle that can accommodate the hinge.

I'd send you his info but I was over there two weeks ago and he was out two months and not taking anymore work until he got caught up.

Good luck, know it can be done.
Yes, I know it is possible too. I think the posts here show that.

Can you send me a picture of the muzzle brake?

There is marginal room to cut threads for the brake.

If the brake will allow, I have continued the existing fluting into the brake itself for cosmetic purposes.

I install at least 12 muzzle brakes a year and have been in business since 1972.
Go down to the Super Beast on this page. It is 5/8 x 24 thread. The dimensions and picture are on this page.

Chad explains what they have to do with TC's in the link provided. He'd be my first go to.
I will definitely contact LRI. Pretty impressed with their work shown on this thread.

Thank You to all who have made responses and suggestions. I have several shops to contact and have made a few calls already.

I'm sure it can be done, at least the brake if not both the brake and tuner. The question is really maybe going to be about cost.

Thanks again for your replies, pictures, and referrals.

Check with Morgan…I bet he has the spindle and tooling to do it for you.

Sorry, I should've thought about him yesterday but he completely slipped my mind.

Check with Morgan…I bet he has the spindle and tooling to do it for you.

Sorry, I should've thought about him yesterday but he completely slipped my mind.
Ok, Thank you.

I ended up purchasing an ATS Tuner, and had LRI thread the fluted Encore barrel for it and the 5 port Beast muzzle brake on their cxc mill.

Here's some pictures.

Now, I have to go see if it shoots!🙂

I'm sure the recoil will be better.
Ear plugs in order though....

Would love to tune to .5 MOA groups.

Its .300 WM. 28 inch bbl.

Attachments

• 20220724_171535.jpg
    20220724_171535.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 97
  • 20220724_171555.jpg
    20220724_171555.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 86
I ended up purchasing an ATS Tuner, and had LRI thread the fluted Encore barrel for it and the 5 port Beast muzzle brake on their cxc mill.

Here's some pictures.

Now, I have to go see if it shoots!🙂

I'm sure the recoil will be better.
Ear plugs in order though....

Would love to tune to .5 MOA groups.

Its .300 WM. 28 inch bbl.
Nice! I'm sure it'll shoot and the velocities should be crazy good. 👍

Recent Posts