Need .338 WM ammo Nosler Accubonds

badbowtie15

Buddy and I are heading west for elk this year. Last time we went (4 years ago) he was shooting Nosler Accubond 225 gr factory loads from his .338 win mag. Believe it or not, he can't get his hands on any more boxes. He'd pay a lot money for some right about now if anyone has some boxes collecting dust or knows where to get some. Or is anyone able to recommend a suitable replacement Factory load that's available? Thanks

Or is anyone able to recommend a suitable replacement Factory load that's available?

Like many members, I ran a pretty thorough search for the ammunition you preferred. But like all the others, I found nothing in stock exactly as you requested. So, push comes to shove, your buddy has a couple of choices:

Set up for reloading.

Find someone you trust to help reload the ammunition that works well in his rifle.

Switch brands of ammunition and test the ones which are available currently.

I use factory ammunition to test rifles as a baseline for performance. One brand in particular has been very consistent:

Hornady Precision Hunter which is available and reasonably priced by comparison.

https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/rifle/338-win-mag-230-gr-eld-x-precision-hunter#!/

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1019542615

If that doesn't suit you or him, I can suggest using a custom ammunition maker. These folks have been highly regarded:

https://hendershots.net/product/338-winchester-magnum/

Best of Luck with your search!

:)

I actually reload myself, and considered helping him with that route. But after a little searching, i figured that finding .338 accubond bullets would probably be just as difficult as finding any factory loads. I did notice that the Hornady Precision Hunter were readily available as well. I would say he has some options... it's up to him.

Thanks for additional resources @sable tireur

Howdy, if you are willing to pay good money for 338WM ammo. There are custom ammo makers sponsoring this forum. May look in the Forum Sponsors.

Howdy, if you are willing to pay good money for 338WM ammo. There are custom ammo makers sponsoring this forum. May look in the Forum Sponsors.
I don't need them. I have plenty of what I need for my 3 338WM rifles. Once I develop a load for those rifles, I don't just continue to shoot them. I check there zero if going hunting or some testing if wanting to or need to. Beside I reload my own. I don't hardly buy store made ammo, except for 5.56, 22's,17SWM, and some pistol ammo. Everything else I reload. I have found that you really need to build that round for that rifle, and not get store ammo for it.

I don't need them. I have plenty of what I need for my 3 338WM rifles. Once I develop a load for those rifles, I don't just continue to shoot them. I check there zero if going hunting or some testing if wanting to or need to. Beside I reload my own. I don't hardly buy store made ammo, except for 5.56, 22's,17SWM, and some pistol ammo. Everything else I reload. I have found that you really need to build that round for that rifle, and not get store ammo for it.
My reply was to the OP. Sounds like to me he is looking to Buy ammo.

Recent Posts