NECG Front Sight on Ruger

Grazing Bit

I would like to add a NECG Universal Screw On front ramp to a 30-06 Ruger Hawkeye All Weather to be used with an NECG Ruger peep sight.
I have a few problems, though. The buggest being that I have no idea what height ramp or front sight inserts to get. The other is that I don't what style front sight to get. I would be using it for elk in Wyoming's thick timbered mountains and I have no idea whether I should get a white bead, a fiber optic bead, or partridge blade. And if I do go with a bead I don't know if I should get a small or large one.
Another thing, should I use I hood with the front sight when using a peep? Ross Seyfried said not to but didn't elaborate. I couldn't find anything else on it.
Please help with any advice you can give.

I normally use a scope when I shoot firearms.
I use irons on my M1 and due to the width of the front sight I chose to go with a narrow front sight so it does not block a lot of the target.

I use natural light pins on my bow.
I also use the micro dot type pin so as to not block a lot of the target.

If it were my choice I would go with a small fiber optic type front sight post and remove the hood to allow more light to the sight post, also opening up the field of view.

The bad part of fiber optic sights is that they have a habit to become brittle and break just at the wrong moment.

Maybe a painted narrow front sight post would be the best for you, paint the dot a color that is not seen in the wild.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.