nap broadheads

Just so you don't feel ignored, I tested the NAP Thunderheads and the NAP Spitfire on a Bonecollector broad head target at 80 yards. I also tested one more mechanical and another brand of fixed. The mechanicals were not reliable in opening on the foam. Especially the NAP did not like to open. Interestingly enough the old reliable NAP Thunderhead flew higher and more like my field points.

Sorry I don't actually know anything about what you asked.

Shoot the 3 blades out of my omen and my axe7 by PSE. Shoots spots out to 60 yds killed a couple hogs with them and blood trail was amazing....

havent used those brosdheads, but just a friendly opinion, if you can get fixed blades to fly true out of your bow i would go that route. no chance of failure. my brother lost two deer to the nap spitfires

Not sure if the picture will show the best results. The deer on the left I shot at 54 yards with my 101st airborne and 100 gr Thunderheads(NAP). The deer on the right a friend of mine shot at 15 yards with his Diamond Fugitive and 3 blade Bloodrunners(NAP) neither ran over 50 yards. clean pass throughs. I will say the bloodtrail on his deer was HUUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEEE. Hope this helps. Oh and this pic shows the exit hole out of his on the right, entry on mine.
2011-10-27_10-59-21_828.jpg

The only thing i forgot to mention....out of a faster bow(330+) they whistle a bit. But his shoots very well with them, and if they don't expand...they still cut.
Nimrod

I used the Spitfires for years never had a problem.And I love shoulder shots inside 20 yrs.

I used the blood runners twice last year and through them away. Thought they would be great but on 2 good shots (a doe and small pig) and zero penetration I decided not to use them any more. I am a huge fan of nap but guess they can't get it right every time. However give the new killzones a try I'm loving these. Bt get the chisel point not the cut on contact. I'm find that on bone the cut on contact tends to curl causing your arrow to change direction.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.