N570

I use it in a 300 WM. Don't notice any more fouling than with H1000. I clean every 200 shots And can't tell any difference.

I use it in my 338 Texan and it does not appear to foul as bad as some powders. I think powder fouling has a lot to do with how well the cartridge is consuming the powder charge. I have used H 1000 in several different cartridges and found fouling different from one cartridge to the other with the same powder and different cartridges.

It does seem to increase velocity without pressure better than some others, but that could be burn rate.

Good powder, but expensive and sometimes difficult to find.

J E CUSTOM

I use it in my 338 Texan and it does not appear to foul as bad as some powders. I think powder fouling has a lot to do with how well the cartridge is consuming the powder charge. I have used H 1000 in several different cartridges and found fouling different from one cartridge to the other with the same powder and different cartridges.

It does seem to increase velocity without pressure better than some others, but that could be burn rate.

Good powder, but expensive and sometimes difficult to find.

J E CUSTOM
Right, I must being feeding it to much powder for the barrel length. Thanks

Right, I must being feeding it to much powder for the barrel length. Thanks

If you are experiencing excessive powder fouling with any powder, sometimes a tighter bullet grip or even a crimp into a cannelure will improve the initial Ignition, improving fouling. Also a good chronograph will tell you if your barrel is to short for a complete powder burn with lower or non increasing velocities. A late evening or night shot will also tell you by the large flame that it produces out front. :eek:

J E CUSTOM

If you are experiencing excessive powder fouling with any powder, sometimes a tighter bullet grip or even a crimp into a cannelure will improve the initial Ignition, improving fouling. Also a good chronograph will tell you if your barrel is to short for a complete powder burn with lower or non increasing velocities. A late evening or night shot will also tell you by the large flame that it produces out front. :eek:

J E CUSTOM
With the crimp, should one back off a grain on the charge to make up for extra pressure? I'm Already 1 gr below pressure signs.

With the crimp, should one back off a grain on the charge to make up for extra pressure? I'm Already 1 gr below pressure signs.

Any time you change a component/method of your loading procedure or components themselves you should back of a little. especially if you are near the max load.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.