N.M.hunting

Now that they have set aside all those great cow tags for us residents it is far easier to hunt NM. If you want a Bull Tag all you need to do is contact a landowner and pay 3 to 7 G and then go out the back gate and hunt on public land. They also sell unit wide tags which means they have their ranches open to the public ;but just try to access those ranches.I really dislike this system ;but it is the only game in town!

Well, I've come up empty handed on the draw for 9 yrs straight at this point. Last year the SOB'S kept my 300 and some dollars , havent even refunded it as of yet.

Born and raised in NM keep moving off and coming back. I've lived in several states and I haven't seen anything like the crap that goes on in this state. Hopefully this summer I get out of here for the last time. However it sounds like the hunting and or opportunities is getting less than desirable just about everywhere.

JH

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.