My Wifes first buck

Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement, I would have responded sooner but I was called out of town for work for 15 days straight. At least the taxidermy bill is covered! For those that asked, this was a C3 buck, skinned/gutted carcass weighed 98 pounds at the butcher.

Having grown up in blacktail country I can certify that the buck she took is a hog....might nit be the highest scoring but I bet in the 140's...
And to be totally fair....the other buck isnt a slouch....taking a closer look at the mainbeam and the gnarly bases and how lowxthe pedicals are on his head I bet he is old....big barrel chest....he might score around 120+......my ex busted a nice straight up forked horn that scored 80".....gutted and made into a pack i could carry it down hill for about 50 yards before having to take a break....and then dragging it under windfalls and around windfalls....nasty place....but body wise that buck was very big for a coastal blacktail...then the next year she killed a bigger buck......
You're the first to notice the bases/pedicals, also that entire face is white, imo he is quite old and probably will start regressing. I'm happy to say he made it through the season and is a warrior, check out that broken left antler and right side crab claw!

Attachments

• STC_1449.jpg
    STC_1449.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 116
  • STC_0220-1.jpg
    STC_0220-1.jpg
    721.8 KB · Views: 123
Heck of a deer! Especially for a first deer, you definitely made the right call for her to shoot him. Also, another fan of the 7mm-08 here, fantastic little cartridge.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.