My Semi-Custom 6 Creed

bachekermooni

I was looking to build a light, medium game, long range rig. So a new-to-me but yet unfired Kimber 84M in 308 donated the action. My Kimber 84M Montana in .223 donated the stock (Yes. I could not find a 3rd party light stock for Kimber 84M - shame). Do not worry, Kimber re-stocked my .223. Lilja built the 1-8" twist 3-groove barrel in Heavy Kimber profile (22" finished). My GS did the rest and also got it nitrided. The bolt handle and trigger guard are after market. She came in at 5 lbs, 2 7/8 oz. I was pretty pleased - especially considering the heavy barrel contour..
IMG_20200911_173822.jpg
I then added Talley light weight bases and my favorite scope Leupold VX-6 HD 2-12x Firedot Windplex. Gained another another 20 oz. I then set the trigger to 2 lbs, 9 oz and took out the creep. Love the Kimber factory trigger.
IMG_20200911_181530.jpg
Off to develop a load. Peterson 6 Creed LRP brass, CCI 200, 42.8 StaBall, and Berger 108 EH (0.040" off lands) - 2990 fps (please do not use my load data in your rifle). There was still plenty of room in the case for powder, but I did not want to push it.
Two consecutive cold barrel shots (15 min apart) resulted in ...
IMG_20200917_153921.jpg
I am done. Off to WY where the Antelope await my arrival - not.
Cheers.

Last edited:
nice !! did you just drop it in the stock or bed it too ?? who was your smith ? and good luck on the anti!!!
Thanks. He Cerakote-ed all non-nitrided metal surfaces (extractor, bolt handle, ...). He glass bedded the stock and used Cerakote to paint the stock. Its has very good grip. David Young in Tracy Montana is my GS. This is the second rifle he built me. The first is a 6 AR bolt gun using a Howa Mini action, Pac-nor barrel (they are back) and a Boyd's Cuda stock (my favorite shape). It shoots in the low 2's with Sierra 90 TGK and Berger 95 VLDH.
Howa MA 6G VX-6.jpg
IMG_20200805_164529.jpg

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.