My long range hog with a S&W 38 special pics

Jim See

LRH Sponsor
I took a walk with the whole family on some land we are in the process of purchasing. As we are hiking I cut some hog tracks and decide to track them for a while. I was being a little coy to not get Cindy nervous and low and behold I see them, a short stalk and I get to 40 yards where I drop the hammer on the biggest sow in the group. Spine hit stopped her for a follow up. Samantha was a bit freaked out with all the squealing but the boys couldn't get there fast enough.

Attachments

• IMG_20140215_104448_055.jpg
    IMG_20140215_104448_055.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 139
Congrats on the sow. Now, what load did you use? Hand load or factory?
What part of Okla. are you in, it looks to be the eastern end to me.
Any way you look to be having a great time as do your children, good to
see someone out enjoying a hike with the family.

I new there were a few pigs from sign I seen while walking the land earlier, So it did not really sour or seal the deal, just more targets to eliminate, to help the deer heard.

It's located in Seminole county. I live next door in Pott county.

the load was factory 110 grain Remington HP. It was the best available and only option at the time.

Good performance from a 110gr. Your gun looks like a model 10, what barrel length
do you have? Is it the heavy or the pencil? Just going by what looks like a blued
steel fixed sight model. Sorry If I ask to many questions.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.