My Longest Thermal Hog Shot

Zen Archery

Longest shot I have taken to date at a boar with my Pulsar Apex Thermal. I spotter him over 250 yards out. Doing a ton of security check over the tall grass. It was cool spontaneously seeing his snout come out of the grass. With his cautiousness I decided to just take the shot from my high spotting point. He moved into 180 yards. I just needed him to turn broadside. Pulled the trigger on my .277 Wolverine. The 95gr Barnes TAC-TX found its mark. Hit him 4 more times. Dang thing didn't want to die.

Dedicated hunt to my farmer friend Roger.

gun) [ame=https://youtu.be/kgG0lc8TBJw]Click Here. Watch YouTube Video.[/ame]

That's awesome!!!! You know, I truly believe there is something to be said for the older generation. I think these older guys are just cool people. So much life and experience!! Sorry your friend has passed. He is in good hands now.

What tri-pod were you using? Would you recommend it? It looked very steady? Cost? Thanks.

Manfrotto found it on Craigslist for 15.00. Generally run in the 100's. It is heavy but can hold my big heavy LR308 6.5 Creedmoor and my tank .308 no problem! Pig saddle! No worries!

Cool video fella, I believe they are pound for pound hands down the toughest critters we have in the southern half of the country. Anything outside of the ear hole or center neck shot and they just won't give up. Good shooting by the way

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.