My Groundhog match experience

G

First off..Let me thank Chris Matthews for building me a great gun!!

Now then

Many thanks to everyone who helped me out on my treck to Pa. for the groundhog shoot. Mark and Lynn. I cant even begin to thank you enough for the great hospitality you shown me and my Sons. You folks are the greatest. To say you went above and beyond would be an understatement. I look forward to future visits.

Jason, Had a riot! Hope the finger is feeling better. It was a pleasure to meet you. Great sense of humor my friend. I liked that. You are not the uptight type!! My boys enjoyed your humor and willing to help. I also cant thank you enough. Finding a spotter for the oldest was great. Thanks a million.

Frank, hmmm...now where do I go with this one. Talk about a great person! A big giant bear with a wonderful personality. It was a pleasure to meet you and get to shoot with you. I felt like I've known you for years. Thanks for all the help.

Boyd, I was great to meet you and your little girl. Yup...She can shoot. Hope we get to do this again sometime.

Derek...Man, I wish you had got there earlier...It would of been fun to see the 2 LSR Sisters going neck to neck. My kids were cracking up the whole way back to camp because they said you, Mark and Me are like little kids at the range. Had a riot and hope to do it again sometime.

Abe...President of the club. More than helpful with everything and a great guy. Made me feel right at home and welcomed my Non-resident membership. It was great. I plan on visiting again soon. Thanks for everything.

I'm sure I forgot several people...If so, it was great to meet you. Everyone was so helpful and the gods honest most wonderful folks I ever met in my whole life. What a great group. We had a riot and am anxious for our next trip.

Oh...How did I do?? I think I did well. I'll let the others judge. I ended up with a 138 total score out of 150. The LSR did great I think for a first time LR shooter I felt very confident. With the help from the above all went well. Wind was a #$%# at 500...man, that was violent. The 500 is where I dropped most of the score.

Anyway...I'll have some pics in a day or so.

I cant say enough how much we enjoyed ourselves and welcomed the great hospitality of everyone.

Thanks

Joe

Joe....I truely hope that you and your sons had a great experience while in PA...It was a pleasure to meet you and both of your sons. All of you handled yourselves with lots of class while on the shooting line, which is not easy when everyone is looking right at you trying to help..instead of first timers you guys looked like you attended every match held over the last two years..I hope it was all worth your time, I'd like to "thank you" again for making the trip..you guys sure looked like you had a great time in the hills and hollows of central PA..I'd also like to "thank" all the guys from the match who did a fantastic job making everything go as smooth as possible for you and yours..it truely is a small world..you looked and acted just like the entire crew..all of them are gentlemen and ladies..the conditions were very tuff at 500 yards, sorry about that, but it was no PPC day this week, I had only one little 67 grain bullet hit the target and those $1500.00 spotting scopes couldn't see a hole during my relay..oh well.. Remember..you and yours as well as everyone else are always welcome at the Mifflin Co. Groundhog Matches..they are truley awesome !! It was a pleasure to meet you !!!

My god I almost forgot. Mark took me out seems to be every day I was there to shoot ...how did Mark call them :pa Ground grizzlies. I love it. We had a riot!

Joe

Joe,
was equally nice to meet you and your sons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Finger is ugly, but not broken luckily /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif but the edge of the door didnt spare my nailbed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

You definately shot a good score...mine on the other hand /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hope you'se guys make it back, and hopefully next time i dont get separated cases, and separated fingernails /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

O BTW --
DSC00811.jpg

cheers,
JB

7 1/2 pa ground grizzlies,not bad! i'll let you explain the 425yd first shot shoulder wound.last i heard he was still in intensive care /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif bustin' clay pigeons at 1k will do funny things to ya /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif good shooting and bring more bullets next time so i can show you what that pipe can really score /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Posting for boyd since he isnt allowed on the board /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

---------------

Joe it was a pleasure to meet you and your crew....Hope to see you back soon...Yep the girl can shoot.....She shot a 136 5x...She took 5th in Unlimited I think.Needless to say I bought dinner on the way home.AGAIN...Your LSR gun works well...Your boys 22-250 on the other hand could use some work....Glad you made it home safe.Hope JB will post this for me.I seem to not be able to log in

JB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Boyd

The 22-250 is off to see Chris here real soon. I'm thinkin it's gonna end up a bench Gun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Great place for your girl.. Did we not bet a dollar ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Yes had a great time and loved your toys.

Mark..Ya had to tell about the 1/2 Ground Grizz /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hey...Right out of the case on the first day without the proper wind dope on my part....He's a lucky fur ball...Well sort of..One arm hangin off and all.

Joe

Another thing I forgot to mention but I remembered after Boyds post. This Chris Matthews LSR rig had not been cleaned one bit after over 150 rounds before shooting the match. Thats one dirty bird and she still shot like a house a fire! Funny too. Fella at the range (nep) said Chris wasa wise man...Dont clean till ya need too. Clean those X's right out of her. I got a kick out of that from Nep

CONGRATULATIONS...LAB....3rd place is not to shabby..just goes to show how "FAIR" this match is...first timer and he's right on the mark...tell your kids not to frown, I had about the same score..relay "5" was nasty nasty nasty..I never saw a single bullet hole either, just goes to show you..How did you like that MEADE telescope of my brother TOM's...awesome..actually a pretty good deal when you compare the cost of some of the other spotting scopes..AGAIN...CONGRATULATIONS !! NICE SHOOTING..sortta makes the drive, worth it...hopefully you guys will get back to one of the four shoots left this season..one in July,August and two in September..the Sept 3rd match is at the same time as the big gun giveaway at the Mount Union Firehall..167 gun, quads and tons of other stuff..all you can drink and eat..cost $10, ten buck per ticket..it would be something else to do while on another mini-vacation and with your..luck..skill..you'd win something !! NICE SHOOTIN'...hope to see you again..come on all you other PA shooters, what are you waitin' for!! These guys drove 7 hours, some of you live one or two hours away..come on now..the match is exactly what your lookin' for..LAB...how many would you miss if you lived one hour away ???

Here's the website for the gun giveaway

http://www.mufdsportsman.com GREAT DEAL for $10

I liked Toms scope. BAd thing is I want something I can take hunting as well. Looks like the Nikon for me maybe?

WOW..3rd place...Who knew. That Chris LSR built gun has made me very happy indeed.

Joe

Joe,

I just got a look at the official results...

not really sure you understand or appreciate how well you did...

you just got into this game and did the right thing had a custom built by an master at his craft...

but looking through the names of the guys you scored better than.... um .. Joe ... those guys have been at this thing for a very long time and are some very skilled shooters...

Joe, you need to reach over your shoulder and pat... I'm sure ya sent the atta boys to CM as well....

Yup

Chris Matthews is the MAN. I Did not realize how well I did. As far as the names...I could not tell you who is who. I was excited to see Jeff Gates name. I saw he won a few weeks back. I think if I would of listened to my spotters and not rush the 500 I could of did Better. Now I'm tempted to have Chris build me a bench gun...But then again...Do I really need one?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks

Joe

You did awesome.. now go do it again and hell.. they'll sit up and take notice....

Bench Gun you don't need no stimkin' bench gun... you have a LSR Tactical.. they shoot just as good.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

OK ok .. Chris will be building me a BR rifle when they finish the 1K range here in Cody... hehehehe

but seriously how cool is it to have a tactical that beats a BR rifles....hell your tactical eats em for a snack... hehehehe

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.