My 6.5 Sherman, first custom rifle, first wildcat.

Here are a couple of groups, both shot at 200 yards.
Pretty happy with those, and half MOA is about what I have been getting across the board. I am having a little bit of a problem wother the ELD-X bullets. Showing pressure signs at what should be starting loads. Will be trying some other bullets to try to figure that out. Overall the rifle shoots like a dream, half MOA with no load tuning for accuracy yet seems very good to me!
I'd be happy too. Thanks for the update. How would you describe the recoil? Is there another caliber it might equate to?

Well as far as recoil goes, let me say that I am not at all recoil sensitive, things people say "kick hard" I find almost enjoyable to shoot. I would say the recoil from the Sherman is not bad at all. It's definitely there, and isn't light, but I don't think my wife would mind shooting it. With lighter bullets I think I can make loads that my kids would be able to shoot as well.

Well as far as recoil goes, let me say that I am not at all recoil sensitive, things people say "kick hard" I find almost enjoyable to shoot. I would say the recoil from the Sherman is not bad at all. It's definitely there, and isn't light, but I don't think my wife would mind shooting it. With lighter bullets I think I can make loads that my kids would be able to shoot as well.
How would you compare it to a 30-06 with a 180 A-Max, or similar, for example?

Sorry, would this be considered a thread jack?

How would you compare it to a 30-06 with a 180 A-Max, or similar, for example?

Sorry, would this be considered a thread jack?

I don't mind the slight side track.

Definitely less than a 30-06 with 180s, those get uncomfortable out of light guns fairly soon. Have to remember my rifle is heavy ish, I would say it's similar to light 30-06 loads. All very subjective though. My friend was at the range with his semi auto Remington 750 the same day I shot my Sherman last, he had me try a group out of his rifle shooting 165s, and it was a noticeably sharper recoil than what I had with the Sherman.

I have been very negligent on updates here, 4 surgeries this year for my wife (all done now though) will do that. Something had to give and I am sorry to say it was my time spent on forums. I have been shooting though not as much as I would like. Not the best at taking pics either but do have some. Have shot out to 600 is all so far. Shot a group at 300 of about half MOA, bad part was that was with a called flyer. The heart of the group was about 3/4 inch.... I always have to pull one lol.

59 Grains of Reloder 26 is getting me 3113 fps, very small spread and deviation. Hopefully I can get past the 600 yard max soon, still shoots like a dream though. My buddy who is an Army Sniper has drooled all over it, so far his visits haven't coincided with a chance to take it to the range.

59 Grains of Reloder 26 is getting me 3113 fps, very small spread and deviation. Hopefully I can get past the 600 yard max soon, still shoots like a dream though. My buddy who is an Army Sniper has drooled all over it, so far his visits haven't coincided with a chance to take it to the range.
That's a nice mild load.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.