Muzzle Break for AR

Greywolf18

I have a question for everyone out there. I have recently purchased a Stag Arms Model 6 Super Varminter. I know there is little kick with a .223 since I am active duty and have shot it frequently over the last 12 years, but I am wanting to make the rifle to where I can see point of impact through a scope. I am wondering what everyone would suggest for the best muzzle break for an AR rifle. This model from Stag does not come threaded for a break so I will have to send it to a gunsmith to get the work done as well. I saw a thread for best muzzle break, but no one mentioned any AR's that I could see while I was skimming through it. I also want to make sure that the brake will not mess with the cycling of the weapon. If anyone has done a brake on this particular model of AR, or know someone who has, I would greatly appreciate it if you shared your opinions.

I have an M4 that I play with, but I've never had a good tack driving AR before so I am really excited about pushing it past the 1/2" guarantee! All of my other guns are for big game, except for a 10/22 and a Savage .17HMR, I've gone prairie dog hunting with family back in Utah/Wyoming, but have always had to borrow a gun. So now I want to have this rifle a tack driver so I can go help shoot some prairie dogs this summer when I go home. Thanks in advance for the help!

I've read a lot of good things about the Miculek compensator. I also saw some of the 3-gun guys using Sure Fire brake/comps.

Here is a Miculek Compensator I just got installed on my AR-10.
I've got barely $100 into the brake and threading the barrel.
If you need a smith to install it, pm me. This guy turns them around in a week or so.
hunting036.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.