Muzzle Brake Size!?!?!

OneShot0351

looking for a 5/8-24 thread muzzle brake for .308, w/ .800 overall diameter, i have searched far and wide, and cannot find one to exact specs. trying not to send to gunsmith for taper work. for Savage FCP-SR .800 muzzle diameter.

Take a look at one of Jim See's muscle brakes they will work for the thread pitch and diameter you listed. They are one of the best brakes I've used and I've owned all the side port brakes. They are all great don't get me wrong I just like Jim's the best along with Hollands radial brake.

Hope this helped you,
Nathan

My .875 brakes are designed so they can be turned down as small as .800" diameter without sacrificing strength.

Im in the same boat as you currently. I just got my 10fpsr a few weeks back and am looking at a brake to match the OD of .800. Im thinking I will either have to get one with a bigger OD and live with the ledge or bite the bullet and have it turned down.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.