Muzzle brake accuracy?

MT257

I recently put a radial brake on my 300 win mag. I am just curious with enough shots does the brake itself need to be taken off to be cleaned? Will a dirty brake affect accuracy? If it needs to be cleaned what's the best way to do so?

I haven't ever taken mine off for cleaning purposes. I figure that if I don't have to clean a centerfire rifle suppressor because the muzzle blast is supposed to keep it from fouling, then something similar likely applies to my muzzle brakes. On the brakes with large vertical slots on the side, I do try to pass something through and clean and dry, but it is mostly because the solvent and powder I push into the brake while cleaning has a tendency to keep fouling my patches. This makes it harder for me to tell when the bore is clean.
I'm not saying taking the brake off to clean it and the muzzle would be bad, I just haven't notice any ill effects from not doing it.

Set your rifle barrel down in a small glass container and support the stock end. Pour CLR in the container until it just covers the ports. Leave it over night and just rinse the next morning.

Fill a medicine bottle full of Boretech C4 and let ur radial brakes soak over night.
A little larger container is necessary for tactical brakes.
After removing, run hot water over and through the brake then dry it.
It will look like new.
Screw the cap on the container and reuse it as many times as u want.
I clean my brakes every time i clean the bore.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.