Mounts/Rings for TC Venture

spoton243

Was wondering if anybody had any suggestions on mounts/rings for the TC Venture. I was looking into the Warne, Talley and Burris ZEE. Anybody have any suggestions. Thanks

I absolutely love my one piece, bottom mount, system by Deadnutz.... (actually 3 piece...the cradle, and two cap rings) the "cradle" if you will is dimensionally CNCd from one piece of stock.... thus the base "rings" cannot EVER deviate position from one another...

The only drawback is how you set up your rifle for eye relief... these mounts are oriented to the mounting holes already drilled into the top of your receiver.... thus the amount your scope can travel back and forth on "top" of the rifle to find that sweet spot for your cheek weld is somewhat limited in distance.

After numerous falls, slips and crashes on snow swept mounaintsides for days...my scope was DEADNUTZ despite.

I set up a venture in 270 for my girlfriend and used the talley 2 piece rings and bases, I really like the fact that the base and bottom half of the ring is all one piece. I just put the Huskemaw 3x12x42 on it last week, and had her shooting (and hitting) a 22inch diameter steel plate at 1000 yards last tuesday. for a stock factory rifle I am very impressed with how well this thing shoots.

wow Bowhunter 42. That was the excat set up that I was looking to put on my rifle. How do you like the 3-12 huskemaw?? I"m really interested in that scope was wondering if it measured up to all the hype. Thanks for the info Oh were those Talley's the QD or the fixed rings?

Hey spoton243, The rings were the fixed, and as far as the huskemaw goes.... WHAT A GREAT SCOPE! the glass is crystal clear and for only being a 12 power it still brought in the 1000 yard bell enough to make a very accurate shot. I have the Blue Diamond 5x20x50 on my 300 wm savage and I love it, But i was really impressed with the 3x12. It is a perfect scope for the midrange calibers. she can shoot steel as far as she wants but when it comes to killing a big game animal she has a 700 yard limit on deer and 500 on elk, I just dont think the bullet has enough left in it much past those yardages. Also since Im a direct dealer for huskemaw optics well the choice was an easy one for me.lol :)

Talley makes some nice bases for the Venture. And I used the Burris Signature rings for gain of MOA on the unit. Works great!!

I have found that savage 10/110 two piece bases fit the venture I have found they work better for me to get my scope lower with my weaver tactical rings

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.