Montana Elk District 313 Proposal

MtPockets

After 3 hours of comment, Fish, Wildlife panel to consider alternatives for elk in district 313 | Outdoors | billingsgazette.com

Please read the above article.

Can anyone tell me why our FWP feels that the decline in the elk numbers is driven by hunters, NOT wolves?

The incredibly sad part is, while they are debating what restrictions to put on us hunters they only allow 2 wolves a year to be taken in this same area!

At that rate, they are not nearly even keeping up with the rate of pack growth!

They had a more than expected opposition at their meeting, but what I'd like to see is this-
Lets all send FWP an email, call them on the phone, drive up to their door- do whatever it takes to send them a message that their cowering to out-of-state wolf huggers needs to stop!

This is an area where pre-wolf introduction, they held a late season hunt that was extremely popular and successful.

This is an area where they currently allot 1500 tags but they are proposing to reduce it to 75?!?!?

And it's caused by the "human harvest"?

They obviously need a little help in seeing the reality. The reality that we see what is going on and we will call them on their extreme lack of credibility.

Our hunting dollars pay their wages, yet they cave into the wolf huggers.

What a crock....

Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks

1420 East Sixth Avenue
P.O. Box 200701
Helena, MT 59620-0701
Phone: (406) 444-2535
Fax: (406) 444-4952
E-mail: [email protected]

please keep in mind that those public meeting are only a formality . behind the closed doors and months before that meeting the decisions have already been drawn up in black and white . if you take the time and really study what montana fish and game has spent using our money on bringing wolves back . then look at how much they are still spending on this failed program it will make you sick. if only they could find away to use those endless funds they seem to have on some areas that could ready use it
like our sheep or mule deer and countless others that could also use some improvements . i have been hearing this from a cpl guys very high up the the wolves are a part of a much bigger picture for the anti=gunners. no game animals to hunt then 1 more reason for them to say you dont needs guns. all the anti gunners always seem to forget why we even have the second amendment and its not for the right to hunt but to have the means to stand up to government when that time comes .
in today's world that might be sooner then later
aloha snack bar

I think its Rooster on here lives near there,put generations of guides out of bussiness already.My stomping grounds I spent 15 hard days in covering about 70 mountain miles,saw one elk track.Use to kill a 6x6 up there year after year in half the time.

I haven't been in Montana very long, but one story I've heard over and over and over is how many elk USED to be in that area and how good the hunting USED to be.

Then FWP comes out and says it's human caused? I guess maybe the guys responsible for the wolf reintroduction were probably human, but that's as far as I'd take it.

Then, to add insult to injury, they only allow a total of 2 wolves to be killed in the entire area.

Unfreakinbelievable...

I feel for you guys in the wolf areas and I'm not looking forward to having a wolf population here in Colorado. I think the only way to help is to put wolves on a small game license. Year round unlimited. I've been keeping a eye on the problems you all are having so when it reaches me I can at least be informed about the problem. Increasing wolf population=decreasing game population. Decrease wolf population= increasing game population is my $.02

you are right about changing they way we can go after them and making it open all yr long.they are here now and very hard to target. there damaging affects are only seen by a very small part of the usa . the far left that think they are doing only good can not understand what the true affects are on all the other game animals.
i think if we could ever release 20 deer and 20 elk into central part then let a small pack of wolves go in there as well. it would not take long for them to see how bad wolves really are. they would be able to watch those deer and elk being ripped apart right in front of them. they could let there kids watch up close as a wolf eats the guts out of an elk while the elk is still alive . see how long it takes before all those left wing voters to change there mind on how sweet these elk really are

It's hard to deny the huge reduction in the number of elk since the introduction of wolves. I think the fwp looks at hunters as predators the same as any other. So they are looking to limit predation. We hunters look at the predators as competition. The answer is easy for us. I think the fwp looks at the wildlife predators as more natural than we hunters. So the first of the predators that they will eliminate is hunters. If the elimination of hunters does not get the herd population to the desired level then they will look at reducing the other predators.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.