Monster 308-inch muley!

jonthomps

A friend of my parents shot this buck 3rd rifle season this year. He was walking back to his truck through heavy brush and saw a deer walking through. He pulled up his rifle, looked through the scope, saw lots of antlers, knew it was legal and pulled the switch. It's an absolute freak of nature!

Attachments

• big buck.jpg
    big buck.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 311 buck.jpg
    311 buck.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 84
Very nice non-typical. A bit below the world record 355 2/8, but I'd be proud as hell to have it on my wall.

That is the reason we all hunt, you just never know. What unit was it killed in(you can pm me if you would like)? Just curious if it was one of the high point draw areas. Awesome buck!

That is the reason we all hunt, you just never know. What unit was it killed in(you can pm me if you would like)? Just curious if it was one of the high point draw areas. Awesome buck!

Not sure he'd want me sharing the exact area, but it was not a high point unit.

I saw a non-typical that reminds me of this buck when I was 18 years old and out hunting Chukkar with a friend. We drove back to the house and got our rifles but couldn't find him.... For the rest of the year. I've been chasing that buck ever since. I'm 50 now and I hope someday to run into a fella like that again.

Great buck... Once in a lifetime likely. If not... Time to buy lotto tickets too before going out to hunt.

Last edited:
Amazing animal.

If you look at all the stuff he's got going on it's really amazing how symmetrical he actually is. 15x15 to start with, a lot of matching in the kickers everywhere, then the main front forks come together nicely.

The truly magnificent muleys out there get me going every time. Nothing compares in my book.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.