Molakia Axis deer….

MTGunner

These are two pics of my grandson with his Axis deer and mine. He took a real trophy where mine was smaller. Good 'nuff ! We waited to shoot for a clear shot on his at approx. 200 plus yds. I shot mine at approx. 400 +/- yds. Both with a REM 700 custom 6.5PRC. The terrain was brutal on this old man. Shooting across Canyon was a piece of cake for my grandson. Mine I shot at a down angle. Both recovered and will be European mounts. MTG

Attachments

• IMG_3991.jpeg
    IMG_3991.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4021.jpeg
    IMG_4021.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 66
We hunted with Hawaiisafaris albeit their founder, Pat Fisher, has passed away and do not know what the future holds for them. We were booked prior to Pats passing and we're accommodated very nicely. We were scheduled to hunt Maui but ended up hunting Molakai at a bit more expense. The young guide was effective and we saw many Axis deer, taking two bucks. MTG

Last edited:
Awesome. My dad wants us to go out there for a hunt too. Kinda worried about getting the meat back though. Maybe I'm just paranoid though.

Meat was frozen, placed in small bags and placed in freezer bag. Frozen when we got home. No problems with thawing. Excellent venison table fare. Heads were packed in large canvas bags and too were still frozen.