• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED modified stevens 200 .223, unfired

Status
Not open for further replies.

logic factory

i bought this rifle brand new in may of 2012 with aspirations of building a 300 blackout with it. after having a group buy for the barrel i ordered fall through i am deciding to part ways. the rifle has never been fired and comes with all paper work and original boxes. a couple parts on the rifle have been modified and i tried to make the price reflect that. i tried to flute the bolt body and i screwed up the spacing on the front when going to the larger divots. for this reason i am basically subtracting the cost of a bolt body from what i would like to get from this otherwise brand new rifle. the bolt body will function fine as is and i also improved the cocking effort significantly by adding a bolt lift kit and also improving the cocking ramp; polished and made a little thinner to reduce friction. here is a link to a forum that discusses the benefits of the bolt lift kit: Bolt lift kit...this time with pictures - Page 4. the rifle currently has a sharp shooter supply competition trigger installed. the trigger is set up to break crisp and clean at 2.75lbs can go down to 12 ounces. i do have a 100 yard range we can sight it in here and i can also show someone or even tune trigger lighter if they come here to pick up. if interested in sighting it in and tunning trigger please bring some .223 ammo as i have none and do not plan on buying any.
i would like to sell the rifle complete as pictured but may part it out if i have too.
here is a parts break down:
rifle 330$
.250" recoil lug 20$ not installed
20 moa weaver rail 20$
utg 3-12x40ao mil dot reticle scope 70$
sss competition trigger 100$
reduced bolt lift kit 30$
oversized bolt handle 40$(i made it but figure it is reasonable number)
if i ship buyer will have to cover transfer fees and shipping. if interested i could try and sight the rifle in for someone at 100 yards with a particular ammo they plan on using. i use "try" as i do not know if i can get my hands on the ammo you would like to use. i would likely have the rifle dialed in very well in under 10 shots. i could also provide an approximate break down of what the mil dots on the scope reticle correspond to.

please email or call with additional questions: [email protected] 860-617-2925
- dave

i would like to get 500 shipped or 475 local pick up for everything.
images can be seen at the following links:
2013-01-20091333_zpsd98e82be.jpg

2013-01-20091428_zps066901dd.jpg

2013-01-20091551_zps47e1f672.jpg

I'd probably buy it if I were in 'Merica, but I'm Canadian so I can't.

Everybody makes mistakes. I just wanted to say, it's nice to see somebody just admit and go "I goofed up"- especially online.

You, sir, have balls.

i did not have the bolt body secured well plus to add insult to injury i also should have had the carbide bit shaft as short as possible to limit any deflection; lesson learned. i am happy i tried it even at the expense of making the rifle less desirable to most. if there is a next time, i am confident i can do it and keep it aesthetically correct as well.

i just measured i the spacing with a digital caliper at about the 4.400.
i found a post mentioning it should be one of the following and it was only a couple thousands with my untrained eyes from 4.400; 4.275" Staggered feed short action Savage or Stevens
4.40" Centerfeed action Savage or Stevens

i assume it is then a centerfeed which makes sense as one has to load rounds in from the action port. if you have any other questions that might be more time sensitive i ask you to use the contacts i provided above otherwise it may take a day or two for me to make it back here.
thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts