• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Model 70 XTR Featherweight XTR .270 - FTF in DFW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabot11

I've found something else that I Just have to have, and so here goes! I will have pictures up soon.

First let me say that this a working gun and far from a safe queen. The wood has several character marks, the bottom metal has scratches, and the condition is very good for a 31 year old gun.

This Winchester Model 70 XTR feather weight was produced in 1981 and is literally one of the last 25,000 Model 70s produced by Winchester before the USRAC takeover. Here is a quote from another site about this series of guns:

USRAC (United States Repeating Arms Corp.) was formed and continued manufacturing Winchester brand rifles and shotguns under license from Olin Corp. on 7-20-1981. This final year of Olin production saw a new "XTR Featherweight". But very few actually made it to the dealers shelves before USRAC took over. The only way I have been able to discern the difference is that the thin red/brown rubber Pachmayr buttplate would have been the only difference displaying either the name "Winchester" or "USRAC".

My gun is marked "Winchester" on the butt pad.

Functionally, the gun has the benefit of an aftermarket muzzle break that takes the recoil down to 243 or lower. It will come with a Leupold 1 piece base and 1" rings.

Additionally, I am including 70 rounds of Winchester 130 grain ammo, 20 rounds of Hornady superformance GMX 130 grain, and a 20 round assortment of other factor rounds plus whatever fired brass I have on hand if you want it.

I do not know the total round count, but I have put approximately 60 through it in the 4 years I have owned it.
DSCN1190.jpg

Floorplate
DSCN1186-Copy.jpg

Brake

DSCN1189.jpg

Stock Marks

DSCN1187.jpg

I am asking $650 for the gun and ammo. I will not seperate the ammo, and the only trade I would consider is for a basic AR15 straight accross.

Scope is a sightron SiIII 6-24 Mil dot and can be added for an additional $400

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.