Minox Tac scope

jrsolocam

Just bought one. 3-15x50. Illuminated. Superb optics. $899. Mil/Mil. Best buy on the market right now in my.

With the side focus, will probably be OK. Be sure to set the scope on highest magnification before tightening the rings. The Minox Z5 I had showed a chromic aberration when installed (color fringing on high contrast edges) since I did not have the scope turned up when I clamped it. I had to release it, and re-tighten and re-zero. This was based on feedback from the folks at CameralandNY.

Personally I have never had a scope before that was so finicky about the install process and mine had no side focus and horrible parallax error at 100 yards.

With the side focus, will probably be OK. Be sure to set the scope on highest magnification before tightening the rings. The Minox Z5 I had showed a chromic aberration when installed (color fringing on high contrast edges) since I did not have the scope turned up when I clamped it. I had to release it, and re-tighten and re-zero. This was based on feedback from the folks at CameralandNY. Personally I have never had a scope before that was so finicky about the install process and mine had no side focus and horrible parallax error at 100 yards.
I've never of this process. Did it eliminate the color fringing? Which model scope is it?

Yes, releasing the scope and dialing it up to max magnification before securing it solved the color fringing issue but did not resolve the parallax issue. The regular (non tactical) Z5 has no parallax adjustment.

The website shows 1/4 moa. They don't make it. It's a mil. Called and talked to minox USA rep and he couldn't explain. It is a mil scope.

With the side focus, will probably be OK. Be sure to set the scope on highest magnification before tightening the rings. The Minox Z5 I had showed a chromic aberration when installed (color fringing on high contrast edges) since I did not have the scope turned up when I clamped it. I had to release it, and re-tighten and re-zero. This was based on feedback from the folks at CameralandNY.

Personally I have never had a scope before that was so finicky about the install process and mine had no side focus and horrible parallax error at 100 yards.

That's good to know, thanks. Haven't mounted it yet.

did they tell you what was happening mechanicaly to cause this? It just doesn't make sense to me but not everything does.
Yes, releasing the scope and dialing it up to max magnification before securing it solved the color fringing issue but did not resolve the parallax issue. The regular (non tactical) Z5 has no parallax adjustment.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.