Millet vs. Konus

AH3682

Hey,

Sorry to be buging you guys again, but I have another one. This time I am looking for a few reviews on these brands. Primarily the Konus 550 line and the Millet tactical riflescopes.

Once again thanks, and happy shootin'

I have the Konus M-30 8.5-32x52, IMO it is the best $350 scope I've ever owned. Is it a NF or Zeiss....No, but it is worth the $350 pricetag, especially all the feautures you get.

I have two Milletts. The 4-16 trs and the 6-24 lrs. I hadgood results from the trs, so I bought the lrs later on. The lrs claims to be a better scope with more magnification, but above 20x the image gets blurry. The lrs claims to have 120 moa adjustment range, but after you get 30 or 40 moa from center,the reticle moves much less than 1/4 moa and eventually stops moving as I click the last 10 moa.

I personally like the trs, but I don't feel completely confident recommending it.The clicks on my windage turret go from real stuff to non existent(I think something broke in there) .When I try to reset the the turret knob to zero, I always gets some clicks on that knob, so I lock it down and don't touch, just hold for wind.

I also have vortex viper. Not one complaint so far. Maybe put that one on your list. I thought I need the feature on the millet, like locking turrets and I like the way the turret knob resets with a single Allen head bolt, but when it makes problems trying to reset the turret, I would just as soon go without. Maybe it's just my scope, maybe it's just me, but it's not an issue with the Vortex.

I have a 4-16x50 trs (older model with 1/8moa turrets). It'll get you there, but I just picked up a 6.5-20x50 vortex viper that I put on my 22-250. I know you didn't ask about vortex but after 1 trip to the range to get it sighted in I have to say it is hands down far better than the Millet, I'm not saying the Millet is bad or junk the viper is just that much better. I think you'd be happier in the long run with a VV 4-12x40 in spite of less magnification.

I don't have personal experience with the 550s but I have the M30 in 6.5-25x44 with over 100 rounds of 200gr NABs in .300 Win Mag and over 100 rounds from 150 NBT, 165gr and 175gr Matrix VLDs in .270 AI and is holding up and very pleased does far.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.