Millet or Super Sniper?

By the way, guys, Chris (SWFA) knows more about scopes than any other scope re-seller I know of. You can count on what he says.

I have pretty extensive experience with the SuperSniper.

Both have continually tracked spot on.

The 16X didn't pass light at either end of the day and on the shady side of the mountain wasn't worth a squat. For bright day time shooting its great.

Agree 100%.

Yeah, the 16x and 20x are handicapped by their small exit pupil and not intended to be low light hunting scopes.

42/10=4.2mm exit pupil (decent low light performance)

42/16=2.62mm exit pupil (poor low light performance)

42/20=2.12mm exit pupil (poor low light performance)

The new HD 3-9x42 SS is a very good cross-over hunting scope. Its FFP, Mil/Mil with low pro finger adjustable turrets. It is amazing in low light too.

Why not give the Wotac 4-14x50 a look? It has a 30mm one piece tube accurate .25 positive clicks and has a 20moa reticle along with 80 moa on internal adjustment. Try calling Matt Wonders at 918-528-6563 and tell him you heard about his scopes from me Forrest he will take very good care of you and SWFA also sells them so that should say something about the product wouldn't you say?

Roy, does that mean that you have the LRS and the SS? If so, wich do you prefer?

I have another scope that was on my pellet gun that I never considered using. After reading some reveiws on it, I took it out and sure enough, it tracks perfectly. Dont laugh, its a $70 center point! I ran that scope all over the paper today trying to mess it up and it wouldnt break. It is a 4-16 that I could use for hunting so now Im realy stuck. Do I go with the big, cool 25X that I hope works, or the fixed 10 that probably will? If I have a fall back I'm more likely to take a gamble.

i put that scope on a savage 110 .243 and it does track like its supposed to, took it out to 500 and back and still on zero, i have the millet trs1 on a tikka 695 25-06 and have shot it out to 1000 and back its still on its first zero, had it about 3 months and put 200 rds through it no problems except low light it sucks, worth the 289 i paid for it.

I have spent the last couple of weeks coyoty hunting with my scope set at 10x to see if I could deal with the fixed power. It doesnt seem to be a problem. I think after all of this I may go with a 10xSS for hunting, and a 16 or 20xSS for chasing paper. Any objections?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts