Millet LRS 1 project

Alrighty, I was just hoping to hear some feedback on how the thing tracks!

Just a question, if you stick to 10x, why not the Bushnell 3200 10x ?

I have one,dont like it,AND I want the option of 25x,locking turrets,56mm bell,35 mil tube,ect,ect.I dial on the range,I dont have time to dial in the field,pretty simple.

Uhm, I thought they already were?

Well, there's Chinese manufacturing and then there's Chinese manufacturing. Bushnell uses whatever vendor gives them the cheapest price. Then they tend to neglect quality control until there's a serious problem. I don't know why Millett sold out, but I do know that there are going to be some serious quality issues from now on.

gun)Out again this weekend,wanted to recheck 0 after 2 weeks of bouncing around in the truck,2 ragged hole groups right off,good to go.Did some 740 yard practice for S&G on a distant cliff,after I redialed for spindrift I was whackin a 12"x12" target consistently,so far this scope has me VERY pleased.

Nice looking rig. Better get your Milletts while you can, Bushnell just bought them and you can bet that everything will be made in China soon.

good maybe they can make them better over there cause there a big pile of chit. there like a 50 year old model looks good from a distance but start using it sooner or later something is going to break.

Have anything to back that up with or are you just another know-it-all internet expert?Lets see some pics of the LRS1 that gave you trouble..........gun)

Have anything to back that up with or are you just another know-it-all internet expert?Lets see some pics of the LRS1 that gave you trouble..........gun)

No I'm no Internet know it all. i don't go around putting stuff down unless i have first hand info.(meaning i have or have had one are have used one of what i'm talking about).

i bought a millet 4x16x56 to put on my 223. it looked like a real nice scope and for a 223 i figured it would work real well and it did for about 6-7 months. i real liked the scope it was nice and clear and tracked OK and at night i could see good to shot with out a light. i was happy with it till the back lens fell out in to the main body of the scope. it had a warranty so i figured no big deal. i called Millet they said to send it back so i did. after about 6 months with no scope and no response. i gave them a call they told me that they where having trouble with that line of scopes and where short on some parts but it should not be much longer. i said no big deal just let me know they said they would keep in touch. after about 3-4 more months with no call. i once again gave them a call. they said they had got the parts in and was working on getting the scopes that had broke back to people and mine was to be fixed the next week and they would ship it out right away and they where sorry for the trouble. i said great no big deal at lest they knew they had a problem and they where getting it fixed. after 4 more weeks go by and no call. i call again but this time I'm kind of getting a little POed i ask what the hell is going on with my scope. the person that was on the phone starts out by saying (well we are short on parts for that scope and are having trouble getting them)????????????????????
so i go into telling the whole story and that i have already went down this road and that after all of this time ,this is a big bunch of and i want my money are a scope. so she gets someone else on the phone and i have to tell the story again. after the guy here's whats went on and he give me the I'm sorry line and he would see to it that i get a new scope and it would be sent out this week. GREAT FINALY!!! well two weeks go by and no scope or call. so i call again and I'm ****ed this time. well they have no clue of what I'm talking about with the new scope deal because they have been (having trouble getting parts) to build this scope and they have been on back ordered for over 9 months. no **** well i finally get someone on the phone that seemed to know what he was talking about. he told me that they didn't have any of those scopes but would be willing to send me other scope to make up for it. at this time i'm like what ever it takes to get it worked out. so i tell them what scopes i wanted and finally get them here after a year. i had something back to show for my money not the scope i wanted but o well great.

i mount one on a H&R 243 one on a 17HMR and gave one away to a friend for a 270 H&R mind you two out of the three where there gold line and one was there silver line. with in two months the one i had on the 243 was broke and after 6-7 months the one i gave away was broke as well. so out of 4 scope over 2years of time wasted only there silver line 3x9 was working and still is witch is on a 17HMR. i have also had a set of there ring back on my 300rum brake witch cost me a hole day of driving to get it fixed while i was on a hunt in new mexico. but i have had leopolds do the same thing no big deal.

so i hope for you that they have improved there scopes. i would not want any body to go through what i did. like i said i really like them up till this all went down. Hey we all want a good scope at a good price. sorry for the long post and i was not knocking your rig it looks great hope you have some great luck with it and i will be watching to see if you have any trouble. if knot i may get one again some day.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!

So you havnt owned or used a Millet LRS1 yet you call them all crap?Looked for some info on the model you had,nothing but good reports...
sniper central forums
Not to mention that the model you had is in their lower end scope range and nothing like the scope being discussed here.Never heard of a lense falling outof even the cheapest scopes made,sounds like misuse and/or abuse issues to me.Then they GAVE you THREE scopes to make up for the outdated broken ane and you are bitchin?Why didnt you warranty the newly "broke" one as well?I have had Leupolds crap out on me,I wouldnt say they are all worthless because all I could afford was their lower line.From the research I did before buying mine I found out that their lower line scopes were nothing special ,the TRS and LRS scopes are being used by many advanced shooters with no problems what so ever,as the saying goes you get what you pay for.

So you haven't owned or used a Millet LRS1 yet you call them all crap?Looked for some info on the model you had,nothing but good reports...
sniper central forums
Not to mention that the model you had is in their lower end scope range and nothing like the scope being discussed here.Never heard of a lense falling outof even the cheapest scopes made,sounds like misuse and/or abuse issues to me.Then they GAVE you THREE scopes to make up for the outdated broken ane and you are bitchin?Why didnt you warranty the newly "broke" one as well?I have had Leupolds crap out on me,I wouldnt say they are all worthless because all I could afford was their lower line.From the research I did before buying mine I found out that their lower line scopes were nothing special ,the TRS and LRS scopes are being used by many advanced shooters with no problems what so ever,as the saying goes you get what you pay for.

Yes they gave me three scope after a year of waiting and being lied to and then two of them fell apart as well. at that time that was the top end they had. it looks like they have added a lot of new scopes may be they will hold up, but that's just what happened maybe just my bad luck. mine did work great i killed lot of stuff with it up till the lens fell out and it was not miss used i take very good care of my gear. like i said i hope that they hold up. if they do hold up with some time to show for it hell i may buy one. i have a lot of scopes high end and low from 1-s&b,4-night force,3-LeupoldVIIILR,1-mark 4,3- Nikon monarks, 2-bushnell low end, 3-Mueller hell even a tasco SS. i just had a Mueller 8x25x50 that a seal busted i sent it in and two weeks later i had a new scope the scope i payed for.thats the way it should be not a year plus later. should have said that there customer relation suck and not all of there scopes maybe some of there new scopes are built better i hope so. sorry for wording it in a bad way that may have offended you are any one else in some way. but when you go down the road with a company the way i did with them its hard to not get a bad taste in your mouth. for as the my new scopes warranty i just gave up it wasn't worth the head ache any more. the one i gave a way was warranty and they did get the same scope back but it took 4.5 month.
like i said sorry if i offended you in any way wasn't trying to just pop off to fast from a memory of a real bad deal.
good luck with this scope i do hope it works for you the way it should and i would like to know if they hold up cause. i may give them a try again if they work well for some others i do have 204 that needs a scope
GOOD LUCK

Cool.So far so good but I will withold a true judgement till after it has spent a full year in service,drug around the hills,strapped on a horse,slung over a pack,riding in the truck,ect,ect.I already have plans to buy another next summer for the 8MAG if this one holds up.gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.