Midwest Long Range Lessons?

JNort77

Hey all,
Does anyone know if there's a range past 1000 yds anywhere near Madison? Ideally I would like some training from someone more experienced, I've been improving but I've hit a wall without a longer range or a trainer to help me identify problems. Any leads would be appreciated, willing to drive up to 8 hours.
Thanks, James

If you're up for a 2 hour trip north of Madison we may be able to set up a two day train up, I don't have a 1000 yard range here but you should be able to walk away learning something. I have a fair amount of knowledge in ELR.

500,600,700 and 823 here for my personal range.

Maybe others will chime in with their ideas or opinions

I am osoh
JH

Last edited:
406 precision
44FAFCCE-209E-4595-A587-03417D6E6990.jpeg

My buddy Adam Kodra is starting up a range out to 2450 and some courses close to Tomah. You can get more info or schedule training with him at

Great guy and solid shooter, and the drive from Madison shouldn't be bad at all.
--South

Adam has started up a little training and is a good friend and fellow competitor as well. We have shot against each other at the King of 2 Mile multiple years as well as the NRA extreme distance event at Camp Atterbury. You can't go wrong checking out his training class anytime you can walk away from a class picking up just something it all adds up in the end.

Wisconsin is tough for ELR with the big rifles most of the time you need an in with a few of the right friends which is something anyone can do in time with the right people. We are lucky enough to have some areas that are 1300 and up to 2800 yards. Having a range of 500, 600, 700 and 823 with steel and paper is huge when testing in my back yard.

Another cool place that has monthly matches and welcomes new shooters in the ELR as well as a light class and a open class is Spear Point in Kansas. A lot of shooters from Wisconsin head there a few times a year. They have targets out to 3520 yards +/- a great place to check out and Steve does a excellent job organizing the ELR events.

Here's a link for Spear Point

Cheers
I am osoh
JHeeg

It would oh been nice to have one on the old Badger ammo depot. Thumbs up to Winnequah as well as Adam Kodra. There is a group out in south western Wis. that have a small club shooting out to I think 1500 yards,

The small clubs become a group of shooters that have gotten to know each other well and in time became part of the group. I know one group that has a twisted course out to 1300 and the other group starts at 1760 and goes to 2750 yards. These are tough finds within Wisconsin but are golden when hooking up with some great folks.

Iamosoh

My buddy Adam Kodra is starting up a range out to 2450 and some courses close to Tomah. You can get more info or schedule training with him at

Great guy and solid shooter, and the drive from Madison shouldn't be bad at all.
--South
I'll second Kodra's. Adam is a great guy and knows what he is doing.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.