Micro-Trac

Bought one of the first Weaver T16's (all they made in target scopes was the T16) way back. The carbide balls cannot deform under the pressures that steel ball bearing start to deform. They wear less. I've owned the T16 for 30+ years and it is still very repeatable. I have a USA made 4-12 AO Weaver w/ Micro Trac, same story. A USA-made Micro Trac 1 1/2 X 20 is on my Ruger #3 in 45/70. The recoil is brutal (400gr @ 2100fps in 6 1/2 lb rifle). The scope rings and scope mounts have worked loose once after many rounds even though they were installed with Red Loctite. Scope adjustments are still top notch accurate. Surviving the Ruger #3 was the convincing test.

I love my 1980 Weaver T-16 with fine crosshair! It is mounted on a 1980 Remington BDL Varmint 308 and both of them together have accounted for many flies landing on my targets at 100 yards. The 1" tube has 30 MOA adjustment L/R, 20 MOA down and 40 MOA up riding on carbide ball detent adjustments.

I have a scanned PDF copy of the Owner's Manual printed in 1978. It's a little over 11 MB so if anyone wants a copy please PM me for it.

Great ole scope!

I had a T24 and currently have a T36.I have never had an issue with repeatability.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.