Mercury Recoil Reducers...Do they work?

KDB

I want to know if any of yall have used these and (1) Do they work (2) Is one particular type or brand better than another

I appreciate your input.

KB

JARHEAD1371

I have two C & H mercury recoil reducers on my and my wife's shotguns. My SBE is weighted in the stock and has the mercury in the front. The recoil is reduced enough that target loads will not cycle the action. It's not a gun you want to carry around all day, but it's a duck gun and it shoots 3" and 3 1/2" mags without knocking the filling out of your head. My wife's 391 is set up like my SBE and it shoots 3" Black Cloud #3 like it shot target loads without any work done to it. I won't shotgun hunt without one.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce