• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Meopta Meopro 4.5-14x44 HTR

roadrunner1

Looking to buy Meopta Meopro 4.5-14x44 HTR, if anyone has one they are willing to part with, Thanks

Im sorry to break in on this post. But youre asking about Meopta. Ive been very interested in these scopes lately. I was looking at buying a nightforce NX8 but theses Meoptas were getting such good reveiws now im curious. You wouldnt happen to know anything about them? Possibly compared to nightforce? Again i apologize for interrupting your post.

Honestly I never owned one but read a lot of great reviews on older Meopta Meopro, many people compare Meopta glass to much more expensive high end scopes, maybe someone with better knowledge and experience can chime in and I would appreciate it as well.

The Meopta meopro scopes have excellent glass for the price and were considered the secret budget alpha alternative for years. Their low light performance is at/very near the top end as is their overall image quality.
A lot depends on what you are looking for with intended use. They are based on a 1" tube that reduces overall weight, but also won't have as much travel as larger tube scopes. The reticles offerings are fewer, generally simplistic, 2nd focal plane only, and cater more towards hunting. They don't have as robust turrets for dialing like you'd find in a NF, but they are effective and work. Never had an issue with holding zero (but I also haven't dropped one). NF generally caters more to the tactical/long range group offering a stout scope where lots of dialing or 1st focal plane is preferred.

From a comparison standpoint, the Meopro is similar optically to a Swarovski Z3, a Zeiss Conquest V4, Leupold vx5hd for image clarity/low light performance comparison with current offerings. I own a few of the Meopros and they are awesome for lightweight hunting setups for me.

Not sure…I've really only used mine practicing from 100-500yards. I think if you're looking for a budget NF, you might be better served with a Trijicon. There's been some good deals on closeouts at eurooptic and Dvor sales. The HTR turrets (make sure you get one with the exposed (HTR) versus capped turret options) on the meopta should be fine, but don't really have competition benchrest experience.

Recent Posts