Meals

Might not like to hear this, but, it's hard to beat the MRE! Packed with calories to keep energy levels up and if you strip all the packaging off pretty light weight, and after about the 3 week of eating them your bowels lock up, no need for TP!

When doing pack in hunts in my pack is Mountain house Pro-paks, beef stew (my favorite) chile mac, and other pasta types for carbs. Oatmeal for breakfast and energy bars.

The only thing I would say about Mt House meals is they use up a lot of water. If you are sure you will have a source for water they are awesome and taste delicious. If you are unsure of the water I would look into MREs like the military uses. You get a lot more calories and protein in one bag. I am going on a 7 day backpack/mt bike 1st archery in New Mexico and I have 7 MREs, granola bars, tuna packets, and jerky.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.