McWhorter Range report as promised

What happened to the the load data that was supplied with the rifle? I know most custom builders including McWhorter works up a load to provide to the buyer verifying accuracy for the gaurantee. Just duplicate it.

A couple of friends own McWhorter rifles, and they shoot bugholes using the data that McWhorter provided. This may sound obvious, but the friend who purchased one firts several years ago found that not loading to the same ogive length, and just using the COAL, made a big difference in how well his shot. He copied the ammo McWhorter sent him with regards to this measurement, and did very well.

Feel free to call McWhorter. I know that both of my friends have called when they had questions, and received very useful answers right away.

I shoot long range matches and can tell you for a fact that different brass prep and using different dies can have a huge impact on group size. Your die might be giving you .001 neck tension and there's was giving .0025 and your groups are double what there's were, just for an example.

Yes, we have been going back and forth. I did duplicate their load and OAL to ogive. I'm trying it one more time Saturday. If same results rifle will go back for further testing. McWhorter has been very understanding and helpful. They will make it right, great guys there

More to come ...stay tuned.

Those dont look bad. Id stretch it out and have some fun for a while. After 100 rounds or so when youre sure the barrel settled down, and your working with fireformed cases id decide whether or not to continue tinkering.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.