• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED McWhorter Custom Rifle - Borden / Hart / McMillan mountain rifle 270WSM

ifenceuin

Bought this for my wife and she has taken over my 6XC due to being recoil shy. Used on one pronghorn hunt - shot ~ 30 rounds. Rifle is in mint condition!!!

Fully setup with Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 with Velocity 1000 reticle matched to the ballistic profile of the 140 Accubond load provided by Alan Rovig at McWhorter Custom Rifle.

270 WSM Custom Borden action bearing our name with helically Fluted bolt, Sako extractor, machined handle, pinned recoil lug, 8/40 mount holes, Jewell trigger, BDL bottom metal.

McMillan Classic "Edge" stock with Limbsaver full 1" pad, meticulously pillar bedded and custom painted in Shadowgrass finish.

Hart Matchgrade Fluted #3 contour SS barrel 23" plus custom muzzlebrake.

Rifle only is 6 lbs 2 ounces and shot 3/8" groups during barrel break-in and load development.

PRICE: $5750.00 shipped US

......make sure your FFL will accept shipment from an individual
......no intention to split up the scope and rifle

24giphy.jpg

10f10sx.jpg

s2ctn7.jpg

2rm2gow.jpg

24giphy.jpg

Price moved to $5500 for the complete rig

Will consider splitting....

Scope is SPF......now available is RIFLE ONLY, with the lapped Talley Rings - $4,000

I will toss in ~75 loaded rounds of 110gr Barnes tipped TSX loads i worked up for my wife's pronghorn hunt as well as a partial box of 140gr Accubonds McWhorter provided.

Can you send me pictures?
What is the twist rate of the barrel?
Is it based on a long or short action?
assuming rings are for a 30mm scope / what height are they?

Glad to text you some more pics. PM me your cell number and anything in particular you'd like to see more of.

I am checking the twist from Alan Rovig at McWhorter - sorry but not positive which twist. It shot the 140's amazingly well and I have en
Ven shot 110's well from it. That's all I tried.....will get you that info hopefully tomorrow,

It is a short action with plenty of room to spare in the box.

Yes rings are 30mm and accommodated the 56mm Nightforce I had on it. I think they are medium though b/c the 56 was close and the #3 bbl helped create the needed clearance.

Bobby

If you can attach photo's to this post?
Phone is messed up.
If I could confidently send you a e-mail address I'd do so.
I also forgot length of pull?
How long have you owned it?
Thank's

Allan confirmed 1:10" this morning

13.5" LOP

I bought is new from McWhorter ~ 5 years ago. Safe queen......

zlstxi.jpg

2jblbip.jpg

ok38eh.jpg

2hftfut.jpg

Open to trades.....only high end please.....

Over/Unders - subgauges
Pistols
Optics

Have several high-end items might be interested in trading text or call 334 372 1067