McMillan Stock ??

wildcat

Hey guys, I have a question regarding McMillan Camo patterns. I have decided to go with the Woodland Camo Pattern, NOT THE MARBLE PATTERN, on my 338 Allen Mag. The Woodland Camo pattern, shown on McMillan's web page, has 4 colors in it, Black, Brown, O.D. Green, and Tan. My question is, I would like to eliminate the Brown out of the pattern, if it's possible. I would like to just have Black, O.D. Green, and Tan. I am hoping some of you guys have an answer to my question.

Also, like I mentioned before, I am having Kirby build a Tactical 338 Allen Mag. I am going to go with the Woodland Camo pattern on the stock, hopefully without the Brown, and I have tentively decided to have the Action, Barrel, Trigger guard, Base, ect coated Matte Black. I am thinking about maybe coating all the metal with Mil Spec O.D. Cerakote. I haven't decide yet, I have some time to make this decision. However, I need to find out about the Camo pattern question, because Kirby will be ordering my A-5 stock soon.

If you guys have any suggestions, I would like to hear them.

Wildcat

I think you would be best to call Mcmillan themselves about deducting the color from that stock.

As for the coating I am planning on having Kirby re do my 270AM into a light wieght rig this winter and I am planning on having all the metal parts including the scope if possible coated in the OD Green (baby sh1t green according to BJ). I think RDM338' gun was done in a similar color and I love the look of it. I dont think you can go wrong with the coating for protection and pure looks

take it easy
steve

I probably will call McMillan. Kirby might have an answer to this qeustion, hopfully he will chime in on this topic. I just need to find out ASAP. My check should be arriving, at the Allen residence, shortly and I know Kirby will begain ordering my parts. I still have about a week to make a decision.

Wildcat

Lerch, how can I see a picture of RDM338, do you know where I can view it. I would love to see it.

Wildcat

just do a search of Kirby's post over the last few months. I cant remeber the title but i think it has RDM in it.

Lerch, I think I found the pic. If it's the right pic, I think I would want the green to be a little more like a Matte OD green. The color of the metal in the picture seems to be more of a brighter color green, however, it looks great. I just want it to be more of a Matte O.D. Green if I decide to go that route. I am leaning towards the Matte Black for the metal.

Wildcat

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.