Max Velocity on 6.5 Creedmor w/ 140gr Berger

95huskers

What are the top end velocity you guys have found on your 6.5 Creedmor using 140gr Bergers or ELDX bullets? Considering another build but having a tough time deciding on caliber.

26 in Criterion 42 grains rl-17 2875 with the 143 eld-x. I shoot the 140 eld-m with the same charge and since the bearing surface is smaller and it's 3 grains lighter then I'd assume I'm approaching 2900 with that bullet. Ill chrono the eld-m when it warms up and do some drop tests. The load I'm running right now is with H4350 because it's not temp sensitive like rl-17. Right now I'm running 42 grains of H4530 with the eld-m at 2855 drop confirmed out to 600 so far. Plan on stretching it to 1000 pretty soon.

GOOGLE Tubb shooting products and watch the video on Hex-Boron Nitride powder coating for bullets.

With HBN coating you get much better results than with moly coating in terms of velocity increase and barrel heat reduction due to HBN's increased lubricity.

This powder is, for now at least, THE replacement for moly coating.

Eric B.

Based on what?

I'd like to see something to substantiate that, or at least hear your personal experiences on the subject.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.