• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Martini .17 Ackley Bee w/ brass, dies, Nosler bullets!

Basher42

*SPF!*

As we come to the close of 2023, I'm taking stock of our lives and realizing that I have some things I need to let go. With a wife suffering from a chronic illness that hasn't worked in over four months, funds are tight and other things are more important than hanging on to play toys. So, I have a nice customized Martini chambered in .17 Ackley Bee up for sale.

I purchased this back in March or so, but never got a chance to shoot it. Shortly after acquiring it I learned I had some significant heart problems, and much of the year has been spent dealing with that on my end. However, holding out hope, I managed to find some brass (both .218 Bee and some already formed into .17AB by the prior owner) and a full set of RCBS forming and reloading dies. I also have 750 Nosler 20gr tipped Varmageddon bullets as well.

The rifle is in very good condition but it isn't perfect. It's old and shows finish wear and other character. At some point, a small chunk came out of the stock's wrist. Everything appears stable, but the new owner may wish to repair it at some point. The grain is actually very nice though, so with a little work she should be a beauty. The bore and action look good, no rust anywhere I can see. The trigger's average in weigh and could likely be stoned down some and resprung to a lighter pull but it does break fairly clean. Ejection is moderate, about on par for these old actions.

The barrel is 25" long with a varmint taper and what I was told is a 1:10 twist. I'll run a cleaning rod through it to check as it's been awhile since I've done so and can't recall if I confirmed that or not. The prior owner stated that it would stabilize 20gr tipped and under (20gr Nosler and Hornady, as well as 15.5gr Hornady), and any of the older 25gr FBHP bullets like Hornady's old #1710. It includes a set of 1" rings/bases for you to use a scope of your choosing, as well as a nice leather sling.

Since the bullets, dies, and brass would be useless to me without the rifle, I would prefer everything be sold together. If not, the rifle must sell first before I'll sell anything else. As a package, I'm looking for $1250 $1200 shipped and insured OBO. I'll get rifle weight tomorrow. It's not outrageously heavy in my opinion, but longer walks may be tiresome.

Brass Counts:

.218 Bee:
-WW-Super: 38x

.17 Ackley Bee formed:
-RemUMC: 9x
-Super Speed: 17x
-Super-X: 17x

The buyer has a 3-day, non-shooting inspection period. Please ensure you're happy with the rifle before completing the transfer with a 4473, as once you do so the rifle is yours! I'm happy to provide any details or photos upon request. No trades at this time, but I'll consider reasonable offers. Payment preferred via discreet PayPal friends/fam, CashApp, or with USPS money orders of $625 each (easier to cash that way). Been a member here a long time with positive feedback, but can provide references elsewhere if desired. If you have any questions, let me know. Thanks!

IMG_7102.jpeg

IMG_7104.jpeg

IMG_7103.jpeg

IMG_7105.jpeg

IMG_7106.jpeg

IMG_7107.jpeg

IMG_7099.jpeg

IMG_7100.jpeg

IMG_7101.jpeg

Last edited:
Price drop to $1100. I'll part the other items out if the rifle sells first, but not beforehand. Thanks!

Recent Posts