marlin 1895 barrel swap

ARlife4me

Has anyone changed or work done by someone else changed a barrel on a marlin? The sbl barrel isn't long enough for muzzle threading and might not have enough meat on the end too do so? I've been online looking at barrel manufacturers that offer the work, but would like other views than from the manufacturer on what would/could needed too be done! Most likely it'll need too be shipped, because nothing is within decent driving distance from me! The dark series barrel looks thicker on the muzzle end just where it's threaded + and extra 1" so it's not thin?

Has anyone changed or work done by someone else changed a barrel on a marlin? The sbl barrel isn't long enough for muzzle threading and might not have enough meat on the end too do so? I've been online looking at barrel manufacturers that offer the work, but would like other views than from the manufacturer on what would/could needed too be done! Most likely it'll need too be shipped, because nothing is within decent driving distance from me! The dark series barrel looks thicker on the muzzle end just where it's threaded + and extra 1" so it's not thin?

The best place to post this question might be over at MarlinOwners.com. The guys there have a wealth of experience with Marlins.