Marketing $$$

StanB

WhyTF is LRH promoting crossbows? Aside from the ethical issue of lazy crossbow "hunters" getting to hunt during normal archery seasons, you've got the whole gamut of poaching issues these "archers" have created in various states, that is well documented (IA, IL, PA, OH). If someone has a physical handicap and CBs are their only option, excellent, go get 'em. Otherwise, CBs are NOT 'archery' equipment and have been nothing more than a money/marketing grab by OEMs to capitalize on lazy/unethical hunters. LRH is not about archery. Let the crossbow marketing $$$ go. Stop enabling the not-disabled and ethically lazy.

gun).

What have you been smoking" Well documented? Where? Supply some facts! Please provide some examples of lazy/unethical hunters? Facts please! Typical vert bow type!! We had this type of hysteria in Pennsylvania from the United(??) Bowhunters of Pennsylvania! The heard would be decimated with crossbow inclusion! Didn't Happen!! Seasons would be cut short...Didn't happen! Hunters behind every tree!!..Didn't happen! So who were all the unethical hunters & poachers BEFORE crossbows? Suck it up & share the woods with fellow hunters!!

Dang......................................I guess I am lazy and un-ethical. I was thinking about buying a crossbow. Tomorrow, I will turn myself in..................Flatwater Bill

The crossbow shooters like myself do have a huge advantage over regular bows, and that is not having to draw the bow at moment of truth.
otherwise accuracy, sound of the bow, energy of the arrow all go to the traditional archer.

So I guess that any person shooting 85% letoff on their bow is also cheating right? That gives them the opportunity to draw well before the moment of truth.
Or what about "traditional archers" out west taking and making 100 yard shots?
I guess the only REAL archers shoot recurve bows with no sights right?
:D

Heard the same arguments when compounds became all the rage! Bow hunting has pushed rifle hunters on elk right out of the rut! I support all ethical hunting, and have heard the muzzle loaders scream and shout when modern smoke poles came out and now they have been slowly pushed out of seasons where they can hunt the elk rut! We as hunters need to band together to keep our rights to hunt, and not be our own worst enemies!

Yea, I kind of wish we had few more days with muzzle loader in Ohio than we do now. I could have taken a couple of deer with a Crossbow this year that I couldn't with my compound, but that's hunting. I think the increase in regulations, takes, and just friggin rules will lead to more poaching. More government is never the answer.

The OP obviously needs an enema. Constipation may have backed up so bad that is has blocked the blood flow to his cerebral cortex.
Of course, when it purges....it will still be a lot of crap.:D:D:D

Sold my crossbow after reading this..feel ashamed..going to purchase an Apache Bow, and make my own arrows..and then maybe it will be ethical for me to hunt with a bow...

Perhaps we should be relegated to the use of spears? How about this, OP...I will use a spear, and you trade in your centerfire rifles, and scopes - for a slingshot. Sounds fair......

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.