Mark V LA Tactical chassis or similar?

Mackay

Howdy guys, there's an old thread or 2 about this but never a follow up. I'm currently having a new barrel and upgrades done on my 30.378. Would like to go with a pistol grip, fully adjustable modern chassis for this build. I have found some very nice Vanguard stocks but nothing in the Mark V long action.
Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.
Thanks Al

Is calling Weatherby and asking for their fully adjustable stock an option for you? The other I would look at is GRS Stocks. https://www.grsriflestocks.com/weatherby, these are what I am looking for.

I am looking at a 6.5x300 Bee and I am considering the Elite for that same reason. Although I found one the standard Accumark stock at a very good price. Good Luck.

There aren't a lot of any options. A few years ago, I was trying to do the same thing. McMillan said they could inlet their stocks for Weatherby. I think they were the only one. I don't know what AG Composites will do since they make a number of the current Weatherby stocks. I would call McMillan and AG directly and talk to them.

The lack of options drove me to the 700 platform. I really like Weatherby, especially what they are doing now but same lack of options issue stops me from picking anything up.

Thanks for the replys.

Found a site last night.
Longrangeprecision.com
Seems legit
Gonna reach out to them Monday

Still looking tho Just in case

I love Weatherby mark Vs as well , the lack of carbon fiber stocks led me to finding a carbonmark in pro /elite with a AG stock from the factory.
My smith called AG directly and tried to get me a stock but they no longer have them available. There was supposedly a individual that purchased all the mark V stocks left from them and is not selling them .
I sent off a Mark V to ScoreHigh in Albuquerque NM , they put a composite Bell and Carson Medalist stock. I love the rifle, it shoots 180 Hammer hunters into a grapefruit out to 800 yards and a 10" plate to 1200 .
Good luck on your search , I will be watching as well.

Last edited:
My range rifle has a mega chassis and MDT light butt stock and I could not be happier with the combo.

I think Mega got bought out several years ago. I am not sure if you can still get Mega: however, I believe MDT now makes a similar chassis.

You might check with XLR industries. I know they inlet for a bunch of actions. They have really nice chasis's.