• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Mark Chanlynn built m-70 3006

Kooz7

Selling my M-70 , 3006 , 24" stainless fluted bbl . This started as a new m-70- extreme weather that I took to Mark Chanlynn and had him rebarrel with one of his barrels and he also restocked with a McMillan featherweight stock and added a timney trigger. Gun has been fired less than 40 rounds and is in excellent shape . Only been in the field once in Wy for an Antelope hunt right after I got the gun back from Mark, two shots, two antelope both @ 500yds . Boringly accurate as you would expect from a Chanlynn built gun, was getting .5 MOA with factory 178gr ELD-X, which is all that I have shot thru this gun . With scope and Talley rings the gun weighs 8.1 lbs . Nicely balanced, good pointer , comes to the shoulder like a good shotgun . Asking $1500 + shipping w/o scope . I will include the VX3 4.5x14X40mm CDS scope , Warne mounts and rings that are pictured with the rifle as well as a set of Talley lightweight 1-piece rings/bases for an additional $300 if the buyer is interested . Thanks for looking .

Attachments

• P1000388.JPG
    P1000388.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 193
  • P1000389.JPG
    P1000389.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 184
  • P1000390.JPG
    P1000390.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Is the stock edge or standard fill? I'm guessing standard by the weight but just checking. Also is the stock bedded?

Yes it is standard fill , it was also bedded by Mark , he did all of the work on the rifle .

Selling my M-70 , 3006 , 24" stainless fluted bbl . This started as a new m-70- extreme weather that I took to Mark Chanlynn and had him rebarrel with one of his barrels and he also restocked with a McMillan featherweight stock and added a timney trigger. Gun has been fired less than 40 rounds and is in excellent shape . Only been in the field once in Wy for an Antelope hunt right after I got the gun back from Mark, two shots, two antelope both @ 500yds . Boringly accurate as you would expect from a Chanlynn built gun, was getting .5 MOA with factory 178gr ELD-X, which is all that I have shot thru this gun . With scope and Talley rings the gun weighs 8.1 lbs . Nicely balanced, good pointer , comes to the shoulder like a good shotgun . Asking $1500 + shipping w/o scope . I will include the VX3 4.5x14X40 CDS scope and Talley lightweight rings for an additional $300 if the buyer is interested . Thanks for looking .
Could you share barrel length, and contour, and maker?

I asked Mark to duplicate the same contour of the original Extreme weather barrel that came off the gun , but to make it 24" instead of the original 22" . Mark Chanlynn is the owner of Rocky Mountain Rifle Works and the maker of the barrel .

Recent Posts