Marine Corps M40A1 style paddle safety lever

Dave King

I'm looking for a Remington 700 trigger assembly with this style safety lever... Anyone have one they would consider selling??

usmcstandard.jpg

Dave,

I'll check, I believe I have a couple of them. What they really are is the older style 700 safety button instead of the newer version. You will find them on the older "number" guns.

Hey Shawn , if you have more than one I to would be intersted in buying one unless Dave wants them all. I'm setting up a tactical style 260 and was thinking about how I could make one but if you have an extra you could part with it would surely be apperciated.
If you want to disscuss it else were I could E-mail you or you could E-mail me at [email protected]

A little off here but, I have a question!

Why did remmy put the saftey on the trigger finger side? Why not put it one the thumb side, isnt that what we are supposed to use our thumb?

just something i was wondering about and would like some opinions

I got a pretty big hand and I have to realy break my grip to reach over to push the safety off , I guess they figured that it would be closer for the right side of the gun for the thumb to get to.
Also I'm not sure about everybody but I don't wrap my thumb around the grip completly , I kinds run it up the back side of the grip in line with the bolt.

I believed that's where it suppose to be. I always positioned my thumb finger just underneath the safety lever when I shoot so it is easy for me to reach and manipulate them without making any extra movement of my trigger finger.

Shawn

I'd appreciate it if you'd have a look around for me.

The era of these as I understand is as you state the early 700's, 4, 5 digit and into the early 6 digit serial numbers. The sear on the triggers of this same period would probably be the two piece sandwich similar to the 722 and 721 models. If you have a complete trigger assembly (safety lever, trigger and bolt release) of this type I'd really appreciate the chance to buy it (or several). I have a newer 700 trigger around somewhere in my spares kit to swap so as to not deplete your trigger supply if that'd help.

The safety lever of these types also has the "dog leg extended arm" dreaded bolt lock... I really like the bolt lock feature too but am mainly interested in the paddle shape versus the newer round knob.

Thanks

On the thumb thing, I place my thumb across the stock when shooting in the standing position (off-hand) but when prone or kneeling it just flops around as needed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Hey Shawn , I got your E-mail but can't return it from work so I'll get back with you this evening , sounds like a good deal though.
You and Dave take care fo whatever it is that Dave needs and I'll pick through his left overs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Doc Ed

Thanks. I recall you saying you pulled them out apparently as Shawn does but I didn't know you saved them.

I'll stop over later this week.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts