March scopes "toughness"

Threejs

Anyone using March scopes? I am looking for new glass for a build. Leaning towards an atacr because NF are known to be tough as nails. But they are heavy. I came across March optics offering a 2.5-25x42 that's around 20oz. I just wonder if they are as tough as NF. It's a dedicated hunting rifle. No bench shooting other than sight-in and Data work.

Thanks

I think everything has a trade off.Heavy duty and heavy.As I got older I cut all the ounces I could,I still pack to much,my day pack just under 20.I have light leos that spent 25 yrs on a 340 wby,had var 2 that where my dads first on 300 wby,and here how they dont hold up.My Dad broke cross hairs in one and I had one fog thats it so far out of dozen that I had,Ive dented them and broke gun stocks horse hunting,there hard on everything.Only one season on my March,rides a 338 Braked,light Norma.3-24x52 like the features of scope.NF are notorious tough .

Are you wanting a scope or a hammer?
ALL scopes are "tuff" to a certain extent, but ALL OF 'EM can be broken.

The claim to fame for March is the bench rest shooting. I was just curious if anyone has been using them for hunting and if they are holding zero. I would like a scope that I could use as a hammer. But they are 30oz. It defeats the purpose of building a lightweight rifle to add almost 2# of optic

That is why I have one to keep weight down and like features.I usually get 30-50 days in the season in hard country.They are using them some in PRS comps.I had a Mark 4 on before liked the scope but 6.5 low end was a bit much and I hunt grizz areas,the turret is lower on March and like that,there is a March used in classifieds size your looking at,bought mine that way.Looked brand new.

I have 2.5-25x42 mounted on a 7mag no brake holding up very well, I also move it to other guns as well.
I really enjoy using it.

I have two March scopes on light kicking 6 Lapua and 6.5 Lapua. Great scopes. But...I will say...for hunting get illumination. Otherwise reticle is hard to see when it starts getting dark.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts