March Scope Question

Huntnful

Is the exposed windage on the 2.5-25x52 compact actually lockable somehow? I see it's exposed and don't think I'd be a fan of it not being at least lockable. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find this answer. Thank you! Also, what's everyone think about them that has them?!

Great scopes. I picked up the 1.5-15x42 recently. It's pretty special
They seem to be awesome scopes. And light. I just hunt out of a backpack A LOT. Constantly strapping the rifle to it and then hiking all over the place. I'd just prefer to not have to check my windage for movement every chance I think about it, or even worse, don't think about it.

They seem to be awesome scopes. And light. I just hunt out of a backpack A LOT. Constantly strapping the rifle to it and then hiking all over the place. I'd just prefer to not have to check my windage for movement every chance I think about it, or even worse, don't think about it.

I backpack as well. Haven't had a problem with it but understand your concern.

That's a tough one. They are both great scopes and a lot of the answer to your question is going to be personal preference. For me I do consider it an upgrade. Because most of my rifles are hunting rifles and as I've gotten older saving weight has become more important. And the March scope is lighter. Not sure if that helps. Good luck with your search and be safe.

I've been running one for the last couple of years and only had the wind age knob get bumped once. This is because I'm a lefty and was carrying it on my left side with a pack on and it got caught in some straps while I was adjusting the gun on my shoulder. I've packed it in a pack, rode around in the SxS and pickup, and even stuffed it in the toolbox in a softcase and that was the only time I had an issue.

If you had an Nightforce NXS, would a March Compact be an upgrade?
The March in 3-24-52 is on a whole other level compared to the NXS, I had a 5.5-22 that I sold to a friend. His FIL just got a 3-24-52 and side by side the March is stupid good, every bit as good as my Kahles 3-18 and better than my Vortex Razor gen 2. I have looked through the 2.5-25 and it is also very good.

I agree, the March in 3-24-52 is a step above the NXS. However, the newer NX8 is much closer. I would rate the March glass as still better, although it's closer, and the size/weight is close enough that it's not a factor (unlike the NXS, which is bigger and heavier). For other features, it will come down to individual preferences.

I ended up going with the NX8 4-32X50 SFP MOA. I couldn't get over the exposed windage turret on the March for a sole hunting application. I also like SFP and love that NX8 reticle. Should be here Thursday, so I'll see how I like it. 👍

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.