• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

March 2.5-25x52

When do you have to have it by? I have one I would consider letting go of. I will not give it away and can't let it go right now.

PM if interested.

Please share in open. I have done side by sides with every scope over 1200 except S&B, Tanget, and zero Compromise. None of those three are even in the same class anyways as they are around a pound plus heavier.

Okay-

I did a side by side comparison 2 years ago with the March 2.5-25, the Vortex AMG and the Kahles K24i 6x-24. My goal was to find the lightest weight scope for a light weight hunting build. Testing all three scopes for glass quality, tracking tests and overall click quality and feel, I ultimately went with the AMG. If the Kahles had been a 30mm tube it would have been a shoe in. From the start I really wanted to like the March the best because of the ultra light weight and length and having the "perfect" zoom ratio but as hard as I tried to like it, it had a couple hang ups.

1. Turret clicks weren't great. For a MSRP over $3k I was disappointed in them.

2. Eye relief is the worst of any high end scope I've ever used. Not a huge problem but it was frustrating being that it's such a pricey scope.

3. Tracking, I ran a very well though out tracking test with each scope and the Kahles was the best followed by the AMG and finally the March.

4. Glass quality of the March was below that of the AMG and the Kahles.

5. The nail in the coffin for me was March's repair and customer service. To have the tracking looked at and serviced was going to be pricy and take quite a while. As a hunting scope I wanted assurance that if it got dropped or beat up that I wouldn't be out 6-8 months on a scope.

All in all I'm not saying it's not a great optic but March isn't innovating like Vortex or some of the other companies. Much of their designs are from years back. The live more commonly in the bench rest space then in the hunting space. For those reasons I went with the AMG which has been a good scope. Looking at selling it now to try the Nightforce NX8 which comes in around the same weight...

Just my 2 cents..

It is a good thing we have options.

1) I think the march has the best turret clicks made only bested by the atacr and the new nx8.

2)Eye relief is going to be picky on anything with the zoom range including the NX8. If your scope is mounted correctly this is a non issue so I struggle to see why people complain.

3)In my tracking all three were perfect.

4) In my testing the glass was a wash as there was no distinguishable difference with two caveats. The March destroys the competition at handling glare. The march falls behind in low light but still very usable and on par with the NXS.

5) can't argue with the service issue. I have never had an issue. I have talked to March about it and they do take pride in their scopes and want a good experience if something should fail but the fact is it will currently have to be sent to Japan.

I am not trying to discount your opinion as we all have different wants and needs but I do not see innovation form Vortex or Kahles or any of the big names except nightforce for that matter. I have owned all scopes discussed. Not just looked through them and played with them. The March is my favorite but the NX8 is quickly taking over. I will say I prefer my 3-24 over my 2.5-25 due to the FFP.

I have had a problem with EVERY Vortex I have owned including my AMG so they are a no starter for me.

While interesting to read, I'm always a skeptic when it comes to subjective scope comparisons. For every great review, there is a disastrous review(and experience to go with it) . My experience to add to the mix with my March 2.5x25x52 have been very good. In addition to the excellent build and optical quality, it has demonstrated for a few years of use, very precise and accurate functional performance....in a compact/lightweight package. The most distinguishing attribute, IMO, is its ability to penetrate glare and low sun haze, an attribute I have only experienced with the high-end S&B, Kahles, and very few other tier one scopes. I have very high confidence subjecting this scope to the rigors of hunting,and functional performance necessary for taking game at extended ranges. There will always be certain features/attributes between the various scopes that will hold varying degrees of importance, or compromise between individual hunters/shooters. You need to figure this out for yourself.