Manners PRS1 Question

Dirt_Nap

I bought a Manners prs1 stock. It was built for a heavy Palma barrel and a Defiance sa. My question is do I have to stick with a defiance action or can I use another action with a remy sa footprint like a a Kelbly or Impact Precision?

Which Defiance SA? There's a difference between the Rebel and the Deviant lengths. The Rebel is a Rem. M700 footprint while the Deviant is a little longer with the integral recoil lug. The bolt handles for the Defiance actions can be order to match the angle of the Remington but they also come straight which means the inlet for the bolt handle will need to be adjusted.

You didn't read my explanation.

Defiance, the company, makes two models of actions, actually three but there are two to be concerned with.

Rebel:

upload_2019-4-2_20-22-45.png

Deviant:

upload_2019-4-2_20-24-1.png

Which model is your stock inlet for?

You should be able to.
I ordered an off the shelf PRS2 w. Mini chassis system from ALTUS for a Defiance action and heavy palma.

I used my R700SA w. Proof Sendero Light for my new 6.5SLR build. Fit fine. Opening for the ejection port was a touch long, and I do not have the side bolt release, but everything else fit great. Bolt lifts/closes without touching the stock as well.

Last edited:
Deviant tactical

The footprint is basically the same, which is where the screws line up on the body length.

The only considerations are the additional length of the Deviant action in relationship to the recoil lug placement and the bolt handle angle. As pointed out, the ejection port length can be a factor also.

Best.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.