MagNaPort

newmexkid

Don't hear anything at all about guys, "MagNaPorting" their rifles. I had several done years ago and was always happy with the recoil reduction. Now all you hear about are brakes. I always liked the clean look of the ports after MagNaPorting. Guess they have lost out to the muzzle breaks.

Don't hear anything at all about guys, "MagNaPorting" their rifles. I had several done years ago and was always happy with the recoil reduction. Now all you hear about are brakes. I always liked the clean look of the ports after MagNaPorting. Guess they have lost out to the muzzle breaks.

There are many different ways to reduce recoil and hear is what I know about them through testing.

www.jecustom.com - FAQ's

The reason that Porting of any kind is not used very much is simply the amount of recoil reduction
they produce.

Some muzzle brakes reduce recoil by more than 3 time as much as porting and with todays cartridges that can mean the difference in shooting or not.

I to always liked the way porting looked but cost and performance has ruled it out for me.

J E CUSTOM

There are many different ways to reduce recoil and hear is what I know about them through testing.

www.jecustom.com - FAQ's

The reason that Porting of any kind is not used very much is simply the amount of recoil reduction
they produce.

Some muzzle brakes reduce recoil by more than 3 time as much as porting and with todays cartridges that can mean the difference in shooting or not.

I to always liked the way porting looked but cost and performance has ruled it out for me.

J E CUSTOM

What Jerry said?

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts