Magazine Assistance

Far North Hunter

I picked up 700 BDL short action that has a new 7-6.5 PRC bbl. The person had the action milled back to accommodate a Wyatt's extended box. The bolt stop was set back as well. In essence making an Xm action. He had box feeding issues. He opened the action rails, way too much. It just won't properly feed. A HS Precision bottom metal and box will cure the feed issue, but then I'm limited to 2.8". Is there a solution that will allow me a longer center feed than 2.8"?
Fortunately he was honest and just wanted out of the newly barreled action..in essence it was a very nice price. Hoping to load hammer 140's out longer than 2.8"

Last edited:
Right. Baney box is another one that uses the factory feed rails. Too bad their messed up so bad. Wonder if there's a good way to repair them that's not too expensive.
Had a set of lips laser welded up and then reshaped years ago on a Jung rifle, euros decided at the last minute to make it a 300wm and it wouldn't hold cases to save it's life. Poor guy bought it at auction as is.
I'll tell you right now it cost more to do all in than that action

Had a set of lips laser welded up and then reshaped years ago on a Jung rifle, euros decided at the last minute to make it a 300wm and it wouldn't hold cases to save it's life. Poor guy bought it at auction as is.
I'll tell you right now it cost more to do all in than that action
I can only imagine. Other than Wyatt's, only othe option I can think of is to have a smith make a custom center feed box.